Taking the strain

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Taking the strain

Postby maxx england » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:53 pm

Bought a folding water carrying trolley today, just the right size to hold my little amp and the Strat in it's bag on it's platform. The wheels are plastic things and the rest is tubular steel. It's designed to carry a 25l water barrel across a campsite, so it should be up to the job.

Might even carry a heavier amp on it's own if that's of any use to anyone. Little Tina, perhaps? It replaces the chassis of a shopping trolley that had a distressing tendency to fall over if the wind was in the wrong direction when you left it standing alone. This one is much better.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Taking the strain

Postby Little Tina » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:03 pm

Thank you Maxx:)
Could be useful, even though I will stick to my Classic 20 for a while. I feel much better owning only stuff I can carry myself. What if I wanted to take my amp home and there was no help around? Living on the 2nd floor with no elevator, anything bigger would not do. A while ago I tried to lift a Classic 30, no fun.
Little Tina
Regular

Postby maxx england » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:07 pm

I really, really, have to invent the stair climbing amp tractor :mrgreen:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:54 pm

Too damn late, see these bunnies:

http://www.stairclimber-uk.com/

And what's worse, they're only 4 miles down the road from me!

Or this:

http://www.liftruck.co.uk/stairclimber/ ... lkers.html
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:08 am

Just popping this back to the top of the list so if you have strength/mobility problems, then you know you don't have to give up gigs with stairs :mrgreen:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:29 pm

Saved you the work of having to invent it.

Where's Little Tina gone?
ricochet
Regular

Postby Little Tina » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:28 pm

Didn't go nowhere. Just been quiet lately, nothing useful to say I guess. Been a bit down too.

I just got home from my guitar therapist, feel better now:)
Little Tina
Regular

Postby ricochet » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:17 pm

Glad to hear that. :-)
ricochet
Regular

Postby maxx england » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:14 pm

Little Tina wrote:Didn't go nowhere. Just been quiet lately, nothing useful to say I guess. Been a bit down too.

I just got home from my guitar therapist, feel better now:)

Just sit you down there, let us get you a nice hot drink. :) A nice, gentle hug from some dear old men who are totally harmless, perhaps? No? OK, well you sit there with your feet up while we go out and stun an elk for supper. Swanage is on in a month if you can make it, bring your son, it'll be an adventure for the two of you.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Little Tina » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:21 pm

maxx england wrote:Just sit you down there, let us get you a nice hot drink. :) A nice, gentle hug from some dear old men who are totally harmless, perhaps? No? OK, well you sit there with your feet up while we go out and stun an elk for supper. Swanage is on in a month if you can make it, bring your son, it'll be an adventure for the two of you.

:lol: cannot say anything about harmless old men, having not met any of you...a nice, gentle hug doesn't sound too harmful, though. An elk? Sorry, I'm an vegetarian. Perhaps some wild mushrooms?
Cannot make it to Swanage, my son's holiday is next week so mine is too. Next tuesday we're off to Rome, Italy. Not too bad.
Little Tina
Regular

Postby maxx england » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:29 pm

Wild mushrooms? :wha: What do you do, insult their mothers? Poke them with sharp sticks? Such a shame for Rico though, he was looking forward banging the animal over the head with a case full of medical notes.

You'll probably like Rome, but from what I have seen, the driving there can come as something of a culture shock for northern Europeans like us. Look both ways all of the time. And still be ready to jump.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Little Tina » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:14 pm

maxx england wrote:Wild mushrooms? :wha: What do you do, insult their mothers? Poke them with sharp sticks? Such a shame for Rico though, he was looking forward banging the animal over the head with a case full of medical notes.

Did not mean mushrooms gone wild :oops: ...sorry about clumsy english. How would you describe mushrooms from the woods, not from the supermarket?
Little Tina
Regular

Postby maxx england » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:40 pm

No, your English is wonderful, to the point where I forget it isn't your first language (Sverige or Suomi?) and consequently play games with the multiple meanings of "wild". Yes, you can buy "wild" food, you can have a "wild" time, when events are uncontrolled around you, and you can be "wild" in the angry sense. And quoting Houndog Taylor, "I'm wild about you baby". :mrgreen:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby leftyguitarman » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:39 pm

maxx england wrote:You'll probably like Rome, but from what I have seen, the driving there can come as something of a culture shock for northern Europeans like us. Look both ways all of the time. And still be ready to jump.

I think it's a culture shock to everyone! When I was in Florence I puked after riding in a taxi back to my hotel. I almost didn't make it into the bathroom. They drive nuts!
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby ricochet » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:52 pm

Some mushrooms can make you wild.
ricochet
Regular

Next

Return to Equipment Blues