AKG Mic

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

AKG Mic

Postby maxx england » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:31 am

Ordered from Sound Ware in Newcastle Upon Tyne, an AKG D 77 S & desktop stand. Let you know how it works out when it's been used a few times.

Darowyn reckons it's a decent enough instrument mic but lacking a bit in mid rage response. Answer: turn 'em up. And anyway, I'm playing a lot of treble stuff when I'm in a band situation these days, so it won't matter as much as if I were trying for fat and humbucker tones.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Re: AKG Mic

Postby maxx england » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:24 pm

Carrier failed to deliver today, online tracking states "card left". Ho yes, trying for the UPS crown are they? Time for a big spanky phone call when I get home. :evil:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:18 pm

maxx england wrote:Time for a big spanky phone call when I get home. :evil:

:wha: :shock: :o
ricochet
Regular

Postby maxx england » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:55 am

It arrived yesterday, I used it on the afternoon, and am pleased with it. I tried vocal mics on my little amp, but the sound was always "thin", with this, it's the whole range fed through to the p.a..

Suppier is Sound Ware in Newcastle, for any UK buyers. Just watch out for the desktop mic stand (£9.95), it's fine, but the mass causes small planets to wobble as they pass by.

Total for the 2, inc. carriage is just short of £55, Fair Deal in Birmingham wanted that just for the mic. and £15 for a stand.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:27 am

The mic came in a flimsy plastic box, which cracked anyway, and it was one more thing to hang on to getting in and out of doors and the van. Solution: one of those boxes that used to hold photographic slides, screwed to the back of the little amp. The lid drops down, the mic, cable and stand fit nicely with some bubble wrap. Fits neatly on to the frame of an old shopping trolley.

What I'm going to try to do now is invent the stair climbing self propelled amp buggy; I recently acquired a child's electric scooter, just got to find a, a lightweight track assembly, b, a way to get the scooter's motor to drive it.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:39 pm

That sounds like a fun project.
ricochet
Regular

Postby mike932 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:21 am

I think Maxx has an idea, soon he and his invention will be profiled in Popular Mechanics magazine. I really like the idea, seen all sorts of motorized dollies, but a stair crawler would work. The military uses track robots for climbing stairs and dispatching bad guys. Go for it Maxx, and if you were just clowning around, go for it anyway.
mike932
Regular

Postby jaybee » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:43 am

maxx england wrote:

What I'm going to try to do now is invent the stair climbing self propelled amp buggy

already exists, but only stars get them, they call them roadies 8)
jaybee
Regular

Postby maxx england » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:59 am

Choice: get famous or build the buggy. I know which one's easier and quicker. 1st job is find a low amp 12v charger for the battery. I'll try a motorcycle shop for that. Or EvilBay.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Equipment Blues