For once I am actually pleased with Guitar Center

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

For once I am actually pleased with Guitar Center

Postby leftyguitarman » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:42 am

I got a gift card from my local GC today for $50 off any purchase off $350 or more. That was nice of them. I don't know if this is standard this time of year, but it's the first thing I've ever gotten from Guitar Center that actually made me want to shop there.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Re: For once I am actually pleased with Guitar Center

Postby Slim » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:50 am

I liked them up til now....I want my discount!

I was pretty happy with them after finding a barely used Epi Valve Standard amp for 159 bucks. Only been in there twice.
Slim
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:01 am

I was happy with them when I got my Epi Sheraton in mint condition for $270 now that I think of it.

I was very, very, very, unhappy with them when I bought my Strat there last Black Friday and they gave me a right handed wammy bar with it. I told the guy it was right handed and he told me "Come back with your receipt another day. I have other people I have to help."
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby jaybee » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:14 am

that's where I would've answered "you're still helping me, and I am NOT leaving until you're finished" - that may cause some grumbling with other customers waiing in line, but in my experience, all you have to do is point out to them, that if you let him get away with it, they will be next NOT to receive the service they are entitiled to - usually all waiting in line will start to support you and he'll have no option than to take care of you first 8)
jaybee
Regular

Postby Slim » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:06 pm

I am a big "I would like to speak to the manager" asshole. I know that many places this does no good but it makes me feel better.
Slim
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:38 pm

Sad part was, this guy was the manager. He's the same guy that would follow me around every time I went in there as if I'm going to break the guitars or put them in my pocket and walk out the door. :lol:
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby texas blues » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:19 pm

I only go there because they have one 10 minutes away and I usually only by cords or stuff I need quick like. It's a pain to try out a guitar or amp as there are so many shredder wannabe's and hacks trying to show off their spahgetti licks. You get like 4 guys playing and it turns into a big dick show. Best to go early during the week when you only have to fight the lame house music they always have cranked.

Cheers, TB.
texas blues
Regular

Postby drob » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:00 am

I got to play a few of the big $ old strats there recently. they were crazy nice.....goosebump without even plugging in.
A close friend manages one so currently I love GC.
drob
Regular

Postby JakeyVimto » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:38 am

GC in britain used to = sound control. Barry from Mogwai summed my feelings pretty well http://www.mogwai.co.uk/words/Music_Sto ... customers/

Warning: rough language!!

Also, happily sound control has gone into administration. The credit crunch isnt all bad :mrgreen:
JakeyVimto
Regular

Postby mike932 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:05 am

I have had good luck at GC. Thet do hire a few boneheads every now and then, but overall I am pleased. I have recieved the gift cards and never used them. Why you ask? Because I forget I have them and they expire before I remember I have them. Being a dumbass is a full time job.
mike932
Regular

Postby Slim » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:36 pm

The one in NEw Orleans is kinda crappy...the one I went to in houston was cool as hell. Everbody was jamming there ass off on guitars everywhere. The sales persons were nice...
Slim
Regular

Postby Bournio » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:11 pm

JakeyVimto wrote:GC in britain used to = sound control.
Also, happily sound control has gone into administration. The credit crunch isnt all bad :mrgreen:

I liked sound control... I got my legacy acoustic, some dreadnaught sized one with a pickup for cheaper than the standard acoustic model, though I didnt get a battery case cover, rang them, went in the next day and they gave me another one straight away...

I'm not sure what other music shops are around me down here though, I know there're a few in brum, there's probably one in stoke? I know there's one in Stafford, went in and had a natter with the bloke in there, he seems alright....
Bournio
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:41 pm

Bournio wrote:I know there's one in Stafford, went in and had a natter with the bloke in there, he seems alright....

What is a natter? And the word "bloke" makes me laugh. :lol: Not sure why. Probably because I'm from the States.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby MakaInOz » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:09 am

I can understand why a Seppo bloke doesn't know what a natter is. After all, sheilas are generally better at nattering!
MakaInOz
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:21 am

Damn your English! :mrgreen:
leftyguitarman
Regular

Next

Return to Equipment Blues