Epiphone Valve Standard

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Epiphone Valve Standard

Postby Slim » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:17 pm

We were in Houston visiting family this weekend and I found this little amp at Guitar center used (I couldnt tell) for 159 dollars. Played a few guitars through it and really liked the sound for a new small tube amp and what a price! Bought it played all weekend with my nephew at his house. Really happy with it. Has a few weak spots though: Digital reverb no spring, a digital processor that is really a waste of space and when on buzzes to much. Other than that it is great little amp. Anybody else have one?
Slim
Regular

Re: Epiphone Valve Standard

Postby jeffl » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:16 pm

I've owned it's runt twin brother, the Valve Special, for a year or so, but I blow harp through it. I love it for low volume harpin', and I've got a buncha hours on it, with no glitches. At $159.00, I don't see how you can go wrong for a 15-watt "tube" amp.My only gripe has been the cheap cabinet construction, with the "print through" covering and the cheap Epi emblem, but that goes with the price range.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Equipment Blues