Fender Super Champ XD

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Fender Super Champ XD

Postby leftyguitarman » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:29 pm

Has anyone played through these amps?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/prod ... sku=483075

I went to pick up some guitar strings at Sam Ash, and they had one. I sat down with a couple different guitars and played through it. Twelve watts, tube amp. All the effects sound really really good, and not cheesy like a lot of the effects on amps. As soon as I can save some money, I'm going to have one! As soon as I plugged in to it, I was sold. Great tube tone, and it's only 12w, so that tube break up will come at lower volumes, compared to my Classic 50.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Re: Fender Super Champ XD

Postby rustyslide » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:08 am

I've only read good things about it, but just to piss on your parade, that 12W amp is still going to have too much headroom for your life in residence (assuming it's not an all male dorm where there's a tapped keg on every day that ends with '-ay', in which case, NEVER MIND).
rustyslide
Site Admin

Re: Fender Super Champ XD

Postby leftyguitarman » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:19 am

For now, it'll be alright since I'm still at home. I had some residency issues and couldn't go to ASU right off the bat, like I had planned and wanted to. So I'm at community college until the start of Fall '09. :cry: But when I make it to ASU next year, I'm certain there will be kegs on every day that ends in 'ay,' so maybe the amp won't be a problem.

And correction here. That amp is actually 15w. The guy at the store told me 12, but it's actually 15. I'd recommend that if any of you get the opportunity to try one, do it.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues