Harmonic Capo

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Harmonic Capo

Postby bignick » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:19 pm

Man I really think I need to check one of these out. I may have to hit the purchase button. $34 seems steep, but not if it is something that can expand your playing. I bet you could get some trippy blues licks going with this thing.
http://www.weaseltrap.com/
bignick
Regular

Re: Harmonic Capo

Postby jeffl » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:36 pm

Our veteran rhythm player has been using one, and he sez it works good and it's easy to use (once you figure it out). He was jus' talkin' about it at our jam last Tuesday. He likes gadgets though.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bignick » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:37 pm

I'm really into that solo acoustic stuff and have been looking for something like this for awhile. I'm thinking it could open up the creative floodgates. I'll probably be totally addicted once I get one. I'm still hovering over the buy button.
bignick
Regular

Postby jeffl » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:58 pm

bignick wrote:I'm really into that solo acoustic stuff and have been looking for something like this for awhile. I'm thinking it could open up the creative floodgates. I'll probably be totally addicted once I get one. I'm still hovering over the buy button.
Our rhythm player is 62 yrs. old, and he's been giggin' since he was about 14. Most of his gigs are solo standup shots now, except for puttin' together combos for some gigs, and he's been puttin' the capo to some use.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bignick » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:50 pm

Well I had to buy it. The videos of people using these things are alll wayyyyyy to cool.

I just found some free Mac recording software that may be compatible with my Line 6 tone port so hopefully I can get some clips up fairly soon. I haven't posted anything for a year.
bignick
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:03 pm

Garageband is compatible with the TonePort, why not use it? Any Mac sold in the last 4.5 years came with it.
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby bignick » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:08 pm

For some reason, mine did not and I don't want to buy the program over again. You have to buy iLife to get it. If anyone has an older version of iLife I will be happy to pay you for the shipping.
bignick
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:07 pm

They should be on the gray restore DVD/CDs that came with your Mac.

Here's an example about how to find them for some specific models:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2604

This is perhaps more applicable:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=151715
rustyslide
Site Admin

Return to Equipment Blues