Wonder what it is???

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Re: Wonder what it is???

Postby leftyguitarman » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:03 pm

Damn, that's a pretty cool little guitar, 601! Good find!
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby 601blues » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:14 am

Thanks Lefty!! however I think she picked me, Ive been playin all afternoon and gettin ta know her/here is what Ive found out so far, She was Built right before WW2, and was bought buy a Black share cropper, not a young man but somewhere in his 30's had several, children, he would play for them this was there entertainment, he worked in the East Delta, Tupelo, Amory, Aberdeen, Columbus, Fulton area's This guitar was his pride, others had cigar box guitars, he had to leave it at the store several times for food till he got paid, even though he had to replace strings and some tuin keys he had to use whatever he could find to repair and keep her makin music for the family, It was in the family long after he went to the lord, it was his grand child that lost her
601blues
Regular

Postby 601blues » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:23 am

the more I get ta know her the better she is!
601blues
Regular

Postby texas blues » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:31 am

As Spock would say..."fascinating". I agree..once every few years a Messiah Mystery Guitar with supernatural powers appears. 601, you didn't choose that guitar....it chose you. Dig it.
Cheers, TB.
texas blues
Regular

Postby maxx england » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:56 am

Told yer, it's a Ghost Guitar. Be careful where you stand at road intersections trying to flag a ride :wha:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:16 am

we are sick in da heads, we get a nice axe, we wanna start changin pick ups head nuts bone vs.plastic etc thinkin this will make us sound better, the fact is if you sound like shit on the pickups you have you will still sound like shit on hot rails!!
Here this guitar has many issues that we wanna fix but it sound great with the broken saddle with a metal strip stuck in ther, So I don't dare change anything,
601blues
Regular

Postby maxx england » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:21 am

Probably the sound it has is the result of all the things that have happened to it over the years, alter one part and the whole thing changes. Ask Lummo about My Beloved, in theory it's a plywood box that should just make nasty twanging noises, instead it somehow works to become a seriously "rich" instrument. Another Ghost, I think, it was just hanging on a secondhand shop wall waiting to pounce on the right victim.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:00 am

your right Maxx, who wouda planned guitars like that, some things just happen like sittin a jammin,we go by looks
601blues
Regular

Previous

Return to Equipment Blues