Silly toy?

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Re: Silly toy?

Postby maxx england » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:52 am

Nope, there was a car boot sale over the road yesterday and I really pushed the boat out. A kid's tambourine for - wait for it, are you strong enough - 20p. Two of the jingly things are suspended now on a thin metal screw from the lid, free to jingly jingly. I go to the community music thing this pm, so we'll know how well/badly it works.

Hmmmm, now I got the bells, how do I factor the whistles in? Hmmm......
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Fishfeathersmacteeth » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:25 am

....Hi Dan,

..how did it go with the jingles...? 8)

..I got your PM but for some reason I can't send any back. They're all hanging around in my "outbox" rather than being sent... :oops:

..I'll send you a text on the mobile number...
Fishfeathersmacteeth
Regular

Postby maxx england » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:20 pm

Jingles are in there but quiet, might reposition the jinglers. Had to fit an earth wire, lots of hum otherwise.

PMs received, do they show up as sent now on your screen?

Fri in Coleshill, don't know, Sat night I can get the room downstairs, all mod cons; walls, floor, ceiling etc. till 23:00. Bring a bottle. Bring several bottles. Bring many bottles. I got given an Islay malt called Smokehead recently; I may need help wrestling the bottle into submission. I'll have a word with the lads and see who's up for a bottle party. Don't see any problem with you bringing some company, we have some Scots in the block as it is, and they really don't eat that many babies.

PS

Did I mention bottles?
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Fishfeathersmacteeth » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:59 pm

...is this shaping up to be an epic....?

:lol:
Fishfeathersmacteeth
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:00 pm

"Islay malt called Smokehead recently; I may need help wrestling the bottle into submission."

This is no time for me to be on this side of the Atlantic.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Fishfeathersmacteeth » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:27 pm

allanlummox wrote:"Islay malt called Smokehead recently; I may need help wrestling the bottle into submission."

This is no time for me to be on this side of the Atlantic.

It's ok Dan, I'll be bringing some relations..famous drinkers..I'm the amateur in the family...
Fishfeathersmacteeth
Regular

Postby maxx england » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:44 pm

I'll sort out the room, probably have to cut off at 23:00 as it's got close neighbours, but we can perhaps start around 19:00 or earlier, I'll check.

The MaxxBoxx works fine now the earth is sorted (anybody who builds a pickup driven stompbox now has a term to differentiate it from mic boxes :mrgreen: ) Went to the Tower Of Song last night, did a couple of numbers using it and then sat back and enjoyed Graham Robinson's part set and then Slide Boy Roy. Both around at the Upton On Severn festival this weekend, but I think GR is not actually booked on to a stage anywhere.

Difficult to describe the current sound of the box, but it's less sharply defined than an impact only box; more of a burst of deep white noise (grey noise?). But it is definitely getting some additional jingle soon. And I might make up a low hat to go with it anyway.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Fishfeathersmacteeth » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:18 am

..hey guys, finally got onto my cousin's pc...

..I had a brilliant evening last night with Dan, Moss, Clive and Wayne,,,a relaxed little soiree, a couple of beers, a taste of Smokehead...and some great tunes...thanks guys, it was good to get away from the embrace of my family for a relaxed evening....wasn't the weather brilliant as well...?

...the "toy" was in great working order...!!!

All the best, thanks again..

FF MacTeeth
Fishfeathersmacteeth
Regular

Postby david » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:33 pm

I once watched a guy lay a cheap radio face down on his guitar strings, just over the pickups. The guitar was plugged through a long series of toys, which this feller used to transform a talk radio show into a rather bizarre musical piece.

I thought it would have worked just as well to mic the talk radio and run that through the assortment of pedals and boxes, but using the guitar added a bit of showmanship, perhaps.
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:04 pm

"The Earth is Sorted" would be a good album name, if not a band name.
ricochet
Regular

Postby grumpygroo » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:46 pm

Do you have to be earthed if you're on board a ship :?: :?: :?:
grumpygroo
Regular

Postby maxx england » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:32 am

How the hell would you do it in an aeroplane? :wha:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:16 pm

maxx england wrote:How the hell would you do it in an aeroplane? :wha:

Perhaps there's a "Mile High Club" board where you could post that question?
ricochet
Regular

Postby maxx england » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:46 am

A one track, narrow gauge steam driven mind, never straying once above the navel or below the knees; quite magnificent in it's own way even if, of necessity, occasionally mercurial :wha:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:11 am

FFMac - 1st chance to sit down at a screen properly. Moss wants to know what you were doing to get that distorted "Beefheart" voice. So do I, it could be a great way to disguise my lack of a singing voice. Wayne was blown away by what you were doing, I don't think he's ever been around real harp blowers before. Frankly, I have to confess, you've passed the audition :mrgreen:

All we have to do now is fly you into Swanage Oct 3/4/5, Jakey on bass & reso, me with the Strat & My Beloved. Don't know if we can hijack Wayne for the drums. Clive sez he's going to do next March, but not this one. Moss won't come unless he can spent countless pointless hours waiting to outwit a fish (a creature that does not even know what 1 is, never mind answering "1+1=").

Anybody gets the chance to jam with McTeeth, make the trip, it's worth it.

And there's a song title right where you live , 30 miles From Aberdeen :mrgreen:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment Blues