Who's Playing Marshall Plexi's?

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Who's Playing Marshall Plexi's?

Postby texas blues » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:23 pm

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I have been gassing heaps for that plexi non master tone ala el34's. Any of ya'll out there in the matrix playing one of these killing machines? I am looking myself for a 68-74 plexi loaded with el 34's in the 50 watt. Likes and dislikes welcome. Thanks in advance for the info.
Cheers, TB.
texas blues
Regular

Re: Who's Playing Marshall Plexi's?

Postby grady » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:18 pm

I've had my eye out for one for a while now.It has to be in great shape before I buy it.
All of 'em I've seen so far have been really abused.

On the other end of that spectrum, I'll be bringing home one of the Blackheart Killer Ants when they come out.
grady
Regular

Re: Who's Playing Marshall Plexi's?

Postby texas blues » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:10 am

I had a the channel switching single input 100w with the effects loop and reverb I bought in 86'. The dang thang was loud!. Never got it above 4..even with the master volume. Problem was the amp never mellowed out after several years use and burn in. Always sounded chainsaw buzzy...i.e. too much gain...I suspect the tubes as in ..6550's were the reason. The effects loop would drop out in volume a touch and annoyed me. The channel switch when going from gain channel to clean would carry over the gain stage for about 45 seconds before really cleaning up. While it was gorgeous with the matching angled cab...all in red tolex...I got rid of it. Now after playing through a nonmaster plexi with el34's...oh man! That's the sound I am after...and sadly I can't get it with a master volume amp. I'll keep ya'll abreast on when I find one I can get next too.
Cheers, TB.
texas blues
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues