Two tone red/vanilla combo

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Re: Two tone red/vanilla combo

Postby mike932 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:46 pm

Randy does great work, my little E-bay find is looking great. It is almost finished. I am looking forward to walking into the next gig wearing my suit, porkpie, and toting this little beauty. Chicks will dig me.
mike932
Regular

Postby grady » Thu May 01, 2008 11:59 pm

I can't see the image but, I'm sure it's going to turn out great !!
grady
Regular

Postby mike932 » Fri May 02, 2008 12:46 am

Randy still needs to attach the back, I really like it.
mike932
Regular

Postby thebluesbox » Fri May 02, 2008 4:03 am

I just got 100% completion on this referb project, it came out awesome!
Mike picked some great colors. Here is some shots from the rear.

You can see the whole project slide show here, http://community.webshots.com/slideshow ... Position=8

It was a fun project I really love referbing these old jems !!!
Thanks Mike
thebluesbox
Regular

Postby grady » Fri May 02, 2008 7:54 am

Great job !!!!!
Very VERY nice !!!
grady
Regular

Postby thebluesbox » Fri May 02, 2008 8:59 am

Thanks Grady, yall know the guy that purchased this red and vanilla amp in the start of this thread is the same guy playing in this budwieser commercial http://www.toolofna.com/newsandpress/nr0054c.htm he loves that amp... thats pretty cool stuff!!
thebluesbox
Regular

Postby jeffl » Fri May 02, 2008 1:20 pm

Great lookin' amp! Hard to argue with that tweed look. Maybe it's my age, but I'm always content with tweed or black tolex. I like your other looks too, Randy-- like the red/vanilla and the natural stuff you've done, but my stuff always has to pass the "how will it look in the living room?" test that my wife uses. (Hmmm...red/vanilla would match the dishes in my wife's dining room hutch,lol!) Thank God there's guys like you out there,Randy. The alternative to you,Brian Purdy and some others is goin' down to your local store and shellin' out $1500 or better for a Victoria or Matchless,etc.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby thebluesbox » Fri May 02, 2008 2:45 pm

Thanks Jeff I appreciate the positive comments !!
it adds to my push to keep this going, sometimes I ask myself why I do it. Then I catch my head and remember I love the outcome, and I love satisfied customers, even though you can please 100% of people 100% of the time, the 99% keeps me pumpin!!!
thebluesbox
Regular

Postby mike932 » Wed May 14, 2008 6:28 am

I received my amp back today. I am happier than a Redneck on free Government Cheese day. The amp looks new Old stock, as if it was made in 1940 and hidden on a shelf until now. I don't have a clue on how Randy does it, but he does it well. I have another project I will probably ship him. I have an old Newcomb record player, tube, which was designed for playing at square dances, it has a mic input and detached speaker. I am thinking of taking out the turntable and use the vacant area to hold harps. I want the tweed with oxblood grill again. A guy can never have enough amps.
mike932
Regular

Postby thebluesbox » Wed May 14, 2008 2:31 pm

Your right each amp has a story :-) and you can never have too many unless you ask your wife LOL .... but if you know how to work her you can beat the system and have the best of both worlds.

I loved the way this amp came out really vintage looking yet like you say it had a NOS look to it. I truely appreciate you as a customer it was a pleasure doing it for you, and I look forward to any business we do in the future as well.
thebluesbox
Regular

Postby jeffl » Wed May 14, 2008 2:48 pm

thebluesbox wrote:Your right each amp has a story :-) and you can never have too many unless you ask your wife LOL .... but if you know how to work her you can beat the system and have the best of both worlds.

I loved the way this amp came out really vintage looking yet like you say it had a NOS look to it. I truely appreciate you as a customer it was a pleasure doing it for you, and I look forward to any business we do in the future as well.
It helps alot if your wife is a fan of your music. it also helps if the equipment looks good in her eyes. Now, if I brought home a ratted out '53 5f1 with the tweed covering flappin' in the wind, and parked it in the living room and told her I paid $1600 for it, her tolerance could quickly dissipate.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to Equipment Blues