Its all Eq. Take care of it!!

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Re: Its all Eq. Take care of it!!

Postby maxx england » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:25 pm

A good time is when a nice looking woman smiles at you and your wife is looking away!
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:28 pm

better when the wife is at home!! jus sayin!!
Went to jackson mississippi t'day love that town!
601blues
Regular

Postby goldbrick » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:38 am

Didja get the pig ear sandwich in Jackson?
goldbrick
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:42 am

goldbrick wrote:Didja get the pig ear sandwich in Jackson?

Nope! Back on the food wagon, dropped 10lb's in 2 weeks, had to Go to the VA in Jackson.
601blues
Regular

Postby maxx england » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:52 am

I've retired from racing now. Apart from the one tab reducing the ability of the blood to clot, which is an important consideration for a crasher, the beta blockers reduce the effects of adrenalin and I no longer get the hit from anything I do that I used to. I tried a rental kart race, hard work, uncomfortable and no sense of the banzai of old, so I pulled in before the end.

This means I have 4 weekends free next year, and the weeks either side of them, so me and my wife can go where we want, when we want. Might even be near Dundee on the free blues festival weekend.......
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JakeFirebirdV » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:13 am

Good story & congrats! It's sooooo hard to do at this stinkin' age ...

I was 252 last year. I always wanted an SG but every time I put one on the fu--ing belly pushed them out to a stupid angle making it uncomfortable to play. I took it upon myself to start losin' the weight and like you, got down to 220. That 32 lb loss flattened out the belly and guess what ??? ... I bought me my SG :D . Now, it's time to keep goin' ... my target is 190lbs. I expect to hit it by New Years.
Whole reason is ... I'm tired of the 50 -70 year old groupies ... gotta get me some of that young 45 year old stuff :lol:
JakeFirebirdV
Regular

Postby 601blues » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:49 am

congrads!!! on the weight loss!! as we get older its harder to drop the pounds!! I had a Jam session in my Shop last saturday night, from 6pm till!! I made it to 8:30pm!! and was wore out with sore fingers!! sittin round after Back surgery, has got me way outta shape!! gotta get movin and playing more, hosting the jams every 2 weeks now, to give me something to get motivated with, still can't stand and hold my axe !!
601blues
Regular

Postby JakeFirebirdV » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:50 pm

Yuppp ... that aging crap .. SURGERIES !@#$%*^%$##$!!! :!:
You got yer back done ... I had a total knee replacement. That pretty much effectively killed a lifetime of running around on stage like a horny jackass. Now, I just make funny faces like all them guitar guys who look like they're hittin' nirvana or poppin' a nut or somethin' :lol: What's with that face stuff anyways??? I've been in the biz for over 40 years and don't much see bassists or keyboardists or horn guys do it ... drummers got a pass ... they gotta look like their beatin' hell outta everything.

Hey ..that'd make a hilarious section. Let's see who, as guitar guys, can make the best player's face ... :lol:
JakeFirebirdV
Regular

Postby goldbrick » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:29 pm

Chuck berry or srv for guitar face
goldbrick
Regular

Postby goldbrick » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:30 pm

And little richard for piano face
goldbrick
Regular

Postby 601blues » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 am

hey! team!!!! hope everyone is alive and kickin,and survived the holidays!! I had a super holiday with all the Clan, 4 sons 3 daughter in laws 2 daughters 2 son-in laws 6 grandsons 7 dogs and a cat!! a house full for sure for 2 weeks!! I don't think there was a crumb left in the fridge!

I have been hosting a biweekly Jam in my Barn and have found a couple good players however mostly just for fun. something to do while I recover from the back surgery and physical therapy, since the accident is seems it started a chain of events, 2 weeks before Christmas The VA doctor ordered a Stress test,and the week before xmas, they called me and wanted me in Jackson Ms the next day, scared the crap outta me, They said the test showed I had suffered a Heart Attack within the last year, So they did a Caterazation and found a Blockage which they cleared and placed a stent!! WOW!! that will wake ya up,
601blues
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:37 pm

601, glad your blockage was rectifiable with a stent! That beats the hell out of having your chest cracked.
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby 601blues » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:10 pm

you got that right,my friend!!! the poor guy that was there same morning, had to be flown to Houston,for open heart surgery!!
Now my surgeon wants to fix my neck, he's convinced,I think, that is contributing to my left hand numbness, but for sure is causing motor skill issues, that should be done within the next 45 days, but I'am pushing forward with another CD,"Hot Nights cold Women" with Lil'l lisa on some vocals,very excited and now have the time to spend in the studio,
BUT!!! everytime I turn around I'am tryin to learn someting else!!! LEARN LEARN LEARN!!!!or have to buy somethin else!!!BUY BUY BUY!!! gezzz nuttin come EZ!! now I'am working on the recording end, mix,mastering levels etc, our forefathers never had to deal with all this tech crap, JUST frickin play already!!! :blink:
601blues
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:08 pm

601 my Friend, I had my neck done in 97 or there 'bouts! Compliments of being thrown off too many bulls in my younger years. Initially thought I had tennis elbow, but turned out my head was little attached by a thread. Made all the difference in the world after I had it fused and a plate screw to stabilize everything. It was sort of like what I think wood workers such as yourself call a scab joint type repair. If it's causing neurological issues, get it tended to Bro.
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby 601blues » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:32 am

yup! I hope thats the case here as well, BTW I have only enough wood left for 2 Blues Blasters, so there is only 15 on this planet!! proud owners include Morgan Freeman and a Blues Brother Goodman
601blues
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment Blues