Its all Eq. Take care of it!!

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Postby leftyguitarman » Mon May 28, 2007 5:48 pm

64 pounds since Feb. 15th? WOW! Thats a lot of weight. Congrats!
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby 601blues » Mon May 28, 2007 6:50 pm

:shock: 52lbs since feb 15th, 64 lbs since the 1st of the year!! But that is still a lotta weight, Just goes to show ya, the normal human eats for to have somphin ta do, thats a favorite past time, that will kill ya!!
601blues
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Mon May 28, 2007 7:04 pm

Well, 52 lbs since Feb 15th is still a lot.

I need to put some weight on. Preferably muscle. hahaha
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby 601blues » Mon May 28, 2007 8:37 pm

leftyguitarman wrote:Well, 52 lbs since Feb 15th is still a lot.

I need to put some weight on. Preferably muscle. hahaha
Lefty, be careful for what ya wish ya just might get it!! you will reach the age soon enough,ta where you will put on weight just don't rush it, As this thread started, Take care of your Eq. and your body is the most important piece you have and the most neglected!!
601blues
Regular

Postby panhead74 » Mon May 28, 2007 9:24 pm

Well, I haven't lost any weight...still at around 250 which at 6'2" is about fifty too much...BUT...I haven't had a cigarette since the end of January. That's the end after nearly forty years, thirty of which was a pack a day of Lucky Strike non-filters.

Guess that should qualify for starting to take better care of the eq.
panhead74
Regular

Postby 601blues » Mon May 28, 2007 9:39 pm

:D Congrads!!! PanHead!!! thats great!!!! now be careful with the weight!! I quit smoking in 85, I weighed 185 then and I started gaining weight, I started eatin more, But you just need ta watch what you eat!!AGAIN CONGRADS!! that a feat in its self!!!!!!!
601blues
Regular

Postby panhead74 » Mon May 28, 2007 10:23 pm

Thanks. I'm pretty proud of myself for it. You should be too, losing all that weight.

I bought myself a bicycle and my girlfriend and I ride between fifteen and twenty miles every Saturday. I ride a mile or two by myself almost every evening. I haven't lost any weight, but I reckon that if I wasn't biking I'd look like Jobba the Hut :shock:
panhead74
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Mon May 28, 2007 10:31 pm

You may not lose any weight bike riding, but it sure does help your cardio. I used to ride my bike almost everyday in the summer about 2 or 3 miles and I sure did feel good after each ride. I wish I was in better shape but I just cant make myself go to the gym, or go out and run, or ride my bike. I have the urge to do some exercise but then I just don't do it. Too addicted to the computer. Congrats on quitting the smoking though! Thats a good thing to hear.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue May 29, 2007 12:00 am

:? Its a shame that we don't have places to walk in neighborhoods any more , not even sidewalks!! But I do have otherways 1.I got out the ole walk behind mower and use that for trimin around trees and shurb's and try to stay off the ridin mower, I parked my golf cart I use for runni around the farm, now the only time I use it is if Iam carrying something! If I go to the Mall I park as far away as I can, less door damage and more walkin, And this has helped me in my music and gigs, 1.feel more in control 2. Iam clearer headed feel sharp, 3.I have much more energy.4 more confindent with my shows as well as my job, 5. my health is returning, 6.I feel stronger overall!! So guys we set up our guitars,just so,and polish her up, and get the amps soundin just right, Its foolish not to do the same for ourselves!! Stopin smokin is one major battle its rough to overcome and you have got ta take control, the weight will start to come off, One step at a time!!
601blues
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Tue May 29, 2007 12:21 am

601blues wrote:If I go to the Mall I park as far away as I can, less door damage and more walkin

I do the same. Even when I go to work I park out at the back of the parking lot. I push carts at a grocery store so my legs stay in pretty good shape which is a good thing. And as for stopping smoking, I've seen how hard it is. My grandpa who lives with me is 75 and he's in perfect health, but he's been smokin since he was 13. He tried quitting and just couldnt do it.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby maxx england » Tue May 29, 2007 10:00 am

Panhead, surely kicking hogs is enough cardio for anyone. But congratulations on the ciggies (had to stop myself calling them fags, it just doesn't transfer across the Atlantic that well). I tried smoking when I was 19 because everyone around me was, but it wasn't fun and it was expensive (don't know what your taxes are like, but someting like 90% or something silly of what you pay for them here is tax), so I spent a couple of weeks kicking and screaming until the need went away.

601 - Gigs?

Sure, the hands are still working, the head is as good as it's ever going to be. Tomorrow I go to The Old Crown (Birmingham's oldest building, started 1328 or something like that) and get up at an open mic., with a bit of luck my rock band cousin will come along and decide he wants to do some singing in front of my grooving.

The future is uncertain after March next year (medical evaluation), but the rules concerning incapacity benefit mean that I can do voluntary work/charity gigs for free without penalty. The community outfit I hang around with have a drummer with pro experience in his past. I'll see what happens. You never know what the future will bring, but I'm going for it as long as the bones will hold me upright.

And to upset all those of you with Big bones, I'm down now at 9 stone 9 (135lbs/61kg). Ideally, since I won't be going back to manual labour (Manel Labor, famous Mariachi singer), I can get down to 9 stone and that will really ease the pressure on the damaged part of my back and the impact loads on the arthritic knees.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Tue May 29, 2007 11:40 am

:shock: No!! Maxx, no gigs since 1985, But AS you I caught heck stoppin,I belive that was the hardest thing Ive ever done, But I had a great motovation!! My son at 4 was very sick and had serious allergy!!and so the cigs had ta go!! But every dark cloud has a silver lining, This may give the opptunity to really do somthin you want to do!! I know everything will be great for you!! :wink:
601blues
Regular

Postby ricochet » Tue May 29, 2007 1:11 pm

I always have to Google up stone. (And that brings to mind mental images of a cat harking up hairballs, but a whole lot worse.)
ricochet
Regular

Postby jeffl » Tue May 29, 2007 2:56 pm

Hey Panhead, congrats on the life change! I really admire that kinda willpower. I've been contemplating knocking alcohol outa my diet after drinking a little more than moderately since I was in high school. I've never had any problems at work with it, 'cuz I only drink recreationally, but it used to cause problems at home about 10-15 years ago; and, now, I've been carrying about 30 pounds too much,greatly due to continual caloric intake via alcohol. I weigh about 210, and I'm 5'6". The main prob is that I have high blood pressure and I'm sure that nearly or totally eliminating alcohol and excercising regularly would retard the advancement of those BP issues.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Tue May 29, 2007 2:58 pm

You're probably right. And it metabolizes to fat.
ricochet
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment Blues