Help. Kahler buzzing.

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Help. Kahler buzzing.

Postby bignick » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:41 pm

Since swapping out my Kahler trem for the 3300 model fixed tail (which is the same thing style, only not a trem) I am noticing that the roller saddles are causing a lot of buzzing.

Why they designed a fixed tail with roller saddles, I will never know, but I didn't have any choice. The guitar takes a Kahler, I wanted a fixed-tail, it was the only option. The majority of the buzz comes from the low E when I'm picking downstrokes with my thumb. You can't hear it when amplified, but a guitar should sound solid to me acoustically, and that means without buzz. I think it is coming from the side to side movement of the roller saddles. Would a tiny drop of epoxy or maybe some carmex stop the rattle?

This may be something I have to live with, and I can live with it. However, if I was to consider another bridge, what would drop into a Kahler cavity? I have a feeling that my options are limited.
bignick
Regular

Postby slickcat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:49 pm

Try a couple of drops of Loc-tite threadlocker that should do it.
slickcat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bignick » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:29 pm

Wammi J from wammiusa.com is where I bought the Kahler and he has been great. He has sent me new screws and is now sending me new roller saddles and even intonation screws with flatter heads to avoid making contact with the strings once they pass over the saddles. He said I had a bad roller. What a guy.
bignick
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues