My SN Reso for your solidbody electric? Wanna trade?

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

My SN Reso for your solidbody electric? Wanna trade?

Postby bignick » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:40 am

I have a lap steel and my Beard, I really do not need another squareneck reso floating around. I have a lot of work into this one and it is almost completely maxed out with upgrades. About $200 worth.

It is a Johnson Delta Blues model SN Reso. I bought it last Fall NEW from Elderly, hasn't seen much play.

Upgrades include:

- Quarterman cone (I also have the Continental stock cone)
- Leveled 14 Spider with pre cut and pressure fit Duratone Saddles ($100) from HarperResophonics.com.
- Bone nut
- Enlarged soundwell
- Removed the soundhole screens too. A lot louder sounding.
- SKB hard case included
- Dobro instructional book and DAddarios Jerry Douglas Flatwound string sets also included. I have a couple of normal DAddario Reso sets too, same size.

Everything was cut for maximum string height and projection. I have had a lot of people compliment me on how good it sounds for a "beginner" reso at Bluegrass festivals. And that means a lot from guys who play nothing but custom made Harlows and stuff.

I'm looking for another electric solidbody of some kind. I'd probably sell for $400 with SKB hardshell case, so something in that area. I'll consider pretty much anything but would love a Telecaster (can be a clone) or a hollowbody with a Bigsby (Ibanez Artcore or something). The only thing I don't really want is an LP style guitar. I have two already.

bignick
Regular

Postby bignick » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:15 pm

Altered price guys:

Even with mods, I could probably only get $350 with case, because they do not exactly add to the value. If you are considering a squareneck, this is the one.
bignick
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues