Rare Find: Baldwin Amps from the 60s. Help!

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Rare Find: Baldwin Amps from the 60s. Help!

Postby bignick » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:21 am

My local music store has a Baldwin 2x12 amplifier. It is the two channel amp (stereo?) with the reverb and built in tremelo. When you kick the tremelo on it sounds like a rotating speaker...phases back and forth. Has a switch that says "Full timbre or Accent".

The guy has it on consignment for $275. It sounded okay through a cheapo Squier Strat, but I want to try it with my V. Vintage Guitar said it was fairly rare, but I couldn't get a price. It has a lot of vibe to it. Silver plating and a blue face. Great condition.

It is either the C-1 or D-1. I think it is the C-1 because it is a 2x12 and about 45 watts. I thought about offering the guy $175-185 because it has been in there for almost a year. I kind of want it to run in stereo with my Carvin.

Any information on these? The switching was interesting, supposedly it has some kind of 3 way or 5 way switch that selects different sound combinations.

Worth it? Info? Help.
bignick
Regular

Postby bignick » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:05 am

Okay I found out that these are smoking amps but it is hard to find one that works. Definitely not a "clean" solid state like I thought but this may make a killer slide amp. I did find out that I shouldn't pay over $150 for one though, depending on the condition.
bignick
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues