Guitar stand reccomendations

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Guitar stand reccomendations

Postby leftyguitarman » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:24 am

My brithday is comin up, and I asked my mom to get me a guitar stand for holdin my geetars. But I dont know which to get. I need one that holds 5 guitars, and can do both electric and acoustic. Any reccommendations? What do some of you have?

I was thinkin about this one, but all the reviews about the sharp edges worry me.
http://tinyurl.com/2wdt3p

This is the other I'm lookin at.
http://tinyurl.com/39c4gs
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby NEONMOONY » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:27 am

I use several guitars when I play out. The first Warwick link you show, I have the 3 guitar version which I use on stage. It's kinda handy because it folds. That would not be so much an issue if you're leavin' at home but it is when your packin' and haulin' gear. I don't have any issues with mine and I'm glad I got it. I can't speak to the second, radial version.
NEONMOONY
Regular

Postby texas blues » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:59 am

If you have a mix of acoustic and electric, then the second one offers a little more room. If say you have four guitars and only play 3 once a week, then get a single stand and store the rest in their cases, which is the best place for them. I myself play 4 different guitars every day but due to room constraints I keep those on single stands in different locations. When I gig I usually bring 2 guitars and the single stands break down easy and are compact. Sounds like you have great folks as it sounds like they support your guitar endeavors. Never take that for granted. Good on ya' Lefty.
texas blues
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:31 am

I have 6 single guitar stands and a double, and I much prefer the single stands. Much easier to move around, and I can fold one up and take it with me if I have to.
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby mickeypainless » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:35 pm

I mainly use the single stands just cuz I like em. I have the one in your first pic and its ok for elecs and maybe 1 or 2 acoustics if ya stagger em. I think the curved stand would be better (more space between)! I also have the nice wood backed wall hangers in my music room and one by my desk in my office for an easy grab when I get bored w/ paperwork!
I also keep my nicer gits in the case if I'm not playing em regular tho! My house looks like a frikkin music shop! :shock:
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stumblin » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:14 pm

I've got a couple of these Hercules stands.
They weigh just about nothing, fold up tiny, come with a neat carry-bag and are pretty secure - just as long as you don't have punters falling about near them. There are both electric and acoustic versions.
stumblin
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:13 pm

I have a 5 guitar rack like the top one you posted next to my rehearsal area, and a little foldup metal dealy - a clunkier design, but similar to the dealies in Stumblin's post.

I only use that if I'm toting more than one guitar - which isn't that often.

On a show, when I'm not playing it, the National is back in the case.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby leftyguitarman » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:59 pm

texas blues wrote:Sounds like you have great folks as it sounds like they support your guitar endeavors. Never take that for granted. Good on ya' Lefty.

Ya, my mom and dad really do, but my stepdad hates me playin the guitar. I'm thinking of getting the second one only because I'll have my electrics and my acoustics on there. I mainly want one to get my guitar cases off my floor. They annoy me since I dont have a lot of room in my bedroom.

I'll prolly order that rounded stand tomorrow. Can't tonight. Goin to see Bob Seger in Seattle tonight!
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby herb_ransburg » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:11 pm

Love the Hercules stands! I got a few of them, the tall ones. My next is the one that holds three and maybe the some wall hangers. Very solid so far.
herb_ransburg
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:10 pm

I got my new guitar stand! It's this one.

http://tinyurl.com/39c4gs

Looks and functions well. Holds my collection well too. The spot on the left is for my classical, which is currently not here at my mom's house.

leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby guitarslim101 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:07 am

Hey, we have the same cd rack.
guitarslim101
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:16 am

Hahaha, nice.

It gets the job done.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby guitarslim101 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:24 am

Yep, it sure does.

The guitar stand looks quite nice, as well.
guitarslim101
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues