Amp dilema solved. Bought a vintage Super Reverb

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Amp dilema solved. Bought a vintage Super Reverb

Postby stratman_27 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:59 am

If any of you remember my posts from a couple months ago I was debating between a Marshall bluesbreaker and a Fender Super Reverb. Finally the tonequest has ended. I finally got to AB the pair and most bang for the buck was the Super. I purchased a 1966 Fender Super Reverb from the Cincinnati Guitar Center early this evening. It is the AB763 circuit and is all original as best I can tell. Four 10" CTS speakers look to be original. Got a 30 day warranty so I'm sure I can ring out any major problems in a short while with my band rehearsals over the next couple weeks.

Anyone in the Cincy, Ohio area thats looking for vintage equipment should check them out, they are absolutely loaded with vintage gear right now and are taking offers. I got the super for a great deal. Has Mesa Boogie tubes in there and she's ready to cry, sing, or wail.

Thanks for everyones comments and suggestions in my tonequest.
stratman_27
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:36 am

Cool. That's a classic!
ricochet
Regular

Postby grady » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:02 am

Yeah, good deal.

Enjoy !!!
grady
Regular

Postby songdog » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:41 am

Way to go Stratman! I lusted over those 60's Super Reverbs when I was a kid. As matter of fact.... I still do.

Enjoy
songdog
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stratman_27 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:41 pm

Took the Super to band rehearsal this afternoon and after the oohs and ahhs we got down to business. It sounds even better in a band setting than in my home studio. We have a pretty good collection of vintage stuff. Bass player plays a 1960 EB something bass through a 61 piggy back bassman. Other guitar player has a 70 Twin Reverb and an assortment of older guitars. Now I've got a 66/67 Super Reverb a couple newer axes and the old 67 Coral Hornet. Drummer has a 1970's era set of Ludwig drums. Now whether we sound worth 15 cents remains to be seen but we have an impressive stage setup.
stratman_27
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues