Gotta Have One of These!

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Postby rustyslide » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:28 am

mickeypainless wrote:I reckon if ya "pullet" ya don't need no chicken at all! :roll:

Inspiration?
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby maxx england » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:19 pm

mickeypainless wrote:Okay..... for the record a "chicken" implies female or hen where I come from just as a male would be a cock or rooster. Horse= stud, colt or gelding, mare or filly is female, cow or heifer= female, bull or steer= male! Now as to the original quandary over "Live or Dead"..... who'd wanna be known as an Animal Necrofiliac? Now THATS sick! :twisted:

I am into necrophilia, bestiality and sadism. Am I flogging a dead horse?
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby texas blues » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:27 pm

The rooster vs. hen issue is important. Dead or alive it has to be a hen. Don't want people to think I have come out. Wink Wink.
texas blues
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:08 am

See, I KNEW a good ol' Texas boy would understand!
I doubt however that this is da time or place to discuss upside of a bottle fed calf! :wink:
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby texas blues » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:50 am

I have been called lewd and suggestive but its not true. I'm not lewd, I only suggest it. And I was framed for that charge of Mopery.(Exposing yourself to a blind person)
texas blues
Regular

Postby Catweazle » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:53 pm

texas blues wrote:I have been called lewd and suggestive but its not true. I'm not lewd, I only suggest it. And I was framed for that charge of Mopery.(Exposing yourself to a blind person)

Mopery is jay-walking ("walking down the street with no clear destination or purpose"), not flashing a blind person.
Catweazle
Regular

Postby NEONMOONY » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:55 pm

"flashing a blind person"

Maybe that would be Dopery or Nohope-ery.
NEONMOONY
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:04 pm

Catweazle wrote:
texas blues wrote:I have been called lewd and suggestive but its not true. I'm not lewd, I only suggest it. And I was framed for that charge of Mopery.(Exposing yourself to a blind person)

Mopery is jay-walking ("walking down the street with no clear destination or purpose"), not flashing a blind person.

Oxford says:
Mopery, noun
1 informal the action of committing a minor or petty offense such as loitering
2 feelings of apathy and dejection.
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby allanlummox » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:18 pm

There's lots of joking about it, but Mopery is basically hanging around in broad daylight with no obvious purpose or destination.

In some juristictions, it's still on the books as a charge to level at general purpose undesirables - and in some places, the cops still refer to drug dealers and other such as "Mopes".

"Mopery with intent to Gawk" is slowing down to rubberneck at the scene of an accident, by the way.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:14 pm

Gropery could get you in trouble.
ricochet
Regular

Postby texas blues » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:52 pm

Like I wrote earlier....I only "suggest" it. How do you guys know so much about petty crimes and misdemeanors? A cop once told me that mopery was one of those terms that covered a broad base of violations, everything from petty theft, lewd behavior, public stupidity and yes..even jaywalking. While public stupidity is not a crime really, I think it should be...re:Michael Richards, Mel Gibson et.al. By the way..that was my cousin Jerome on "Cops" with his shirt off, handcuffed and bent over the hood of that police car. I wasn't even there I swear!
texas blues
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:10 pm

"How do you guys know so much about petty crimes and misdemeanors?"

Dude, making any kind of headway as a busker takes decent street radar.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:27 pm

Well,busking is a petty misdemeanor in the vast majority of cities in the upper midwest U.S. ,I think. It's illegal in the town I work in,and you can't get a permit for it at all. Many cities will allow you to play in public places if you don't accept any money,but as soon as you put out a hat,or a case........
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby texas blues » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:41 am

Last time I busked was in 92-93 Pike Place Market in Seattle. Didn't really need the radar as the place was always crowded. I think I still have my performers button somewhere. Definitely one of the funnest gigs I have done.
texas blues
Regular

Previous

Return to Equipment Blues