Homemade Pedal Board

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Homemade Pedal Board

Postby bignick » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:53 pm

My Grandpa made it for me out of a couple of pieces of laminate Oak. Not much to it, but I wanted it simple. I bought a One-Spot adapter for it, mounted a couple of foam cymbal pads to give it a slight angle, and a rubber cymbal muffler on the bottom to prevent it from sliding. The rest is just velcro.

I need some new pedal connectors, but these will do for now. I really want a Uni-Vibe though.
bignick
Regular

Postby ricochet » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:04 pm

Nice!
ricochet
Regular

Postby Bournio » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:06 pm

Looks good! I like the Idea. Just one point, my pedalboard has a rim, think wooden dinner tray? i place this "upside down" and place pedals on it, but I maintain a gap incase i wish to do all the stomping business!
Bournio
Regular

Postby guitarslim101 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:24 pm

That's pretty clean looking. I've been thinking of making another board for myself...one a bit smaller than my last one. I've seen some people use masonite peg-board and zip-ties, which is probably the route I'll take.
guitarslim101
Regular

Postby jeffl » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:10 pm

You poor bastards,tee-hee...! I usually get by with one delay box that fits in my harp case,by my mic. I do like the looks of those tools though, and I like the different things that they do. I can get all my stuff in the door in one trip, which makes me the drummer's best boy.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:57 pm

jeffl wrote:...which makes me the drummer's best boy.
I'd be careful who I said that to.
ricochet
Regular

Postby bignick » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:35 pm

I have always liked stompboxes, but moreso now with the realization that guitars take up too much room whereas effects do not. They are nice for adding flavor to recordings too.

My pedalboard is quite meager compared to some of the boys over at HC! The Dynacomp is on all the time. I use the Jackhammer as a warm overdrive boost. The Small Clone to fatten up my sound or add a little shimmer. The Small Stone for leslie like sounds, and the Phase 90 for boosted Leslie sounds.

Lonnie Mack and Albert King both used Phase 90s. Mack moreso than King. Ultimately though, I'm always shooting for Robin Trower (Bridge of Sighs) tone. That just does it for me.
bignick
Regular

Postby Axis29 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:23 am

I went simple myself. The one improvement I made to mine whihc really made a big difference in cleanliness was cutting a long slot at a height to hide my cables. I also just cut a hole inthe top for a handle. Oh, and added some velcro to keep the pedals in place.

I think I'll be remaking this sometime soon a little larger as I'm looking at a clean boost and a delay pedal. I think I'm gonna try to make my own pedals, it sounds fun.

Axis29
Regular

Postby bignick » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:43 pm

Nice guitars Axis! Nice board too. I'm digging that tele man. Is that an MIM Nashville tele? If so, I played one of those two weeks ago. GC had one for $299 used.

My board has already changed shape again. Now I have an vintage DOD FX90 Analog Delay, my Jackhammer, Small Stone, and Dyncacomp. Still looking for a vibe though.
bignick
Regular

Postby Axis29 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:12 pm

Thanks, yup, an '04 MIM Nashville to be exacr. At 299, I'd hop all over that one man! I though I got a good deal at 349!

I changed out the Pickguard, cause torie on red just didn't look right.

I'll probably add a switch for the middle pickup and do the 4-way switch thing on the others so I can get the neck+bridge and all three pickups on at once. plus in and out of phase on the neck+bridge.

Love ther neck on my Tele. Love the neck on my Gibson, but teh strat neck is too skinny (it's a squire made ot look like a 68, so nobody get too excited about it).

My board hasn't changed yet, but I've been looking into a delay and a clean boost or volume pedal, might make my own. Then the board will have to grow!

Later,
Axis29
Regular

Postby savage » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:33 pm

nice nick! thats the way Id do it. Why spend money on somethin thats so easy to make? More power to ya man. Id never pay for a pedalboard. I'd grab ona the 2x4's I got sittin in my living room before I looked at any ones at a music store.
savage
Regular

Postby grady » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:09 am

I really like your choice of Pedals Nick.

Good lookin' board too.
grady
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues