Don't know where to put this... So....

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Don't know where to put this... So....

Postby vincentspades » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:43 am

I dunno where to put this, but through money owed to me that was put on hold for months, a guy i know decided to just give me a guitar he had layin around... http://www.californiavintageguitarandam ... 080607.jpg. It looks like that only, it's in pristine condition, i had it checked out by a guitar tech who's into vintage guitars, and he commented that it was amazing how well preserved it was, it came with the case. What i'm wondering, is what do you think the actual value of this instrument is? I'm hoping to trade it and some cash for an authentic 70's custom telecaster, think that it's doable?
vincentspades
Regular

Postby NEONMOONY » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:08 pm

Link didn't work for me.
NEONMOONY
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:20 pm

Doesn't work for me, either.

There are Gretsches I'd rather have than any Tele.
ricochet
Regular

Postby jeffl » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:21 pm

It's "otherpages", not just "other",but I found it by googling,and going to the "other" icon on the website. There's 3 or 4 old Gretsch's on there, and that one identifies itself as a Clipper VG, for $1250.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby raiph » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:24 pm

Am I being too simplistic in my approach to this if I suggest that the "guitar tech who's into vintage guitars" might give you a better idea of its value than throwing the question into the wind?

Or even a guitar dealer?
raiph
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:19 am

raiph wrote:Am I being too simplistic in my approach to this if I suggest that the "guitar tech who's into vintage guitars" might give you a better idea of its value than throwing the question into the wind?

Or even a guitar dealer?

Shush, we can all pretend to be experts here.

The link should be this: www.californiavintageguitarandamp.com/other/Gretsch_02080607.jpg (without the trailing period)
rustyslide
Site Admin

Return to Equipment Blues