Post-Robbery (I need to sell some things)

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Post-Robbery (I need to sell some things)

Postby bignick » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:08 pm

Hi guys,

I have been working on a couple of guitars. The 84 Squier Bullet I found at the pawnshop and a Telecaster Parts-O-Caster I built as an experiment. Since my house was robbed I will need a little extra cash to cover some extra security measures and to fix whatever won't be covered by insurance.

Pictures of both guitars can be found on my webshots album. I still do not have a very good digital camera though, but you will get the idea.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/552637491avGoWH?vhost=good-times&start=24

The Bullet is an amazing guitar. I found it in a pawnshop and set it up from headstock to tremelo. It is stock with the exception of the addition of some GFS 64 Grey Bottom pickups from http://www.guitarfetish.com, the tuners and vintage trem are of high-quality and nothing like that cheap hardware and 2 point bridges you find on new low-end Fender/Squiers. Bullets like these were made in Japan and they are notorious parts guitars. The tele neck alone and the pickups would be worth buying the guitar. You will noticed that it is also relic'd. A lot of that was already there but the finish had cracked and bubbled in some areas. I just carefully chipped it away and applied a bit of clear-coat by brush to those places. I think it gives it a vintage Stevie Ray type vibe. I have gotten a lot of compliments on it so far in person. I'm only asking $200 to cover what I put into it. You could make that back off of the neck and pickups on ebay. These are rare now. I wanted to offer it to you guys before trying it on ebay. I may part it out of if I can't sell it. It comes with a blue plush padded chipboard case. Shipping will probably be $35.

The Tele project is basically a USA Made Peavey Patriot neck with brand new Ping tuners. I plugged the original neck holes and drilled it out for a Fender body. The Tele body is a brand new Basswood body and is coated with shellac I believe. It is ready for paint. I had to redrill a few holes due to the body being miss-drilled, but it wasn't a big deal. The bridge is top-loading, and as you can see it only has one pickup and a volume pot for the time being. The vintage tele jack is on the side of the body, I just didn't have enough leadwire so I put the output jack on the control plate for now. The pickup is Fender. I have a switch for it and all you would need is a tone control, neck pickup, a bit of lead, and a finish. I have $160 into this guitar as-is and it sounds amazing. You would have a killer tele for about $40 more. Better than any tele in that range.

Well guys let me know if you are interested. I am even considering selling my Beard Goldtone with GFS lipstick and Schatten cone pickups and Grady's Regal with the Barcus Berry pickup and setup that I bought from him. PM me about anything mentioned or email me at viaunick@hotmail.com

I wouldn't post this here, but we no longer have a classifieds forum. I always give my forum brothers a chance first.
bignick
Regular

Postby maxx england » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:41 am

Hope you do well with the guitars, the Tele looks like a thing I'd like to try, but distance, money etc., and a major recent expense of our own.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Equipment Blues