Fender Deluxe Reverb

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Fender Deluxe Reverb

Postby deltablues57 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:20 am

Thinking about getting a new Fender Deluxe Reverb. Anyone using one? I'm playing National Resolectric, Tacoma Archtop, Fender 62 reissue Strat Gibson Les Paul Classic.
No I'm not interested in an Epiphone Valve. I have a Fender Pro Junior. Want something with 2 separate channels (not channel switching)for additional pre-amp tone variation...Delta
deltablues57
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:23 am

Epi Valves aren't for everybody and every situation. A Deluxe Reverb is a classic. I'd like one, myself.
ricochet
Regular

Postby slidnslim » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:06 am

I seen a dude one night(in the eighties) in Newyork city playing his Duolian through one it was incredible! Ive been trying to get that sound
ever since,
I think there really good amps,

Kenny,
slidnslim
Regular

Postby watertore » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:45 pm

I have been using a deluxe reverb reissue, exclusively for both live and recording, for about 3 years. I haven't had a lick of trouble (about 300 gigs, and countless recording hours). I have owned the originals, and though it has been many years, these reissues sound sweet to my ears. I use a THD hotplate, so I can play at low volumes, and get some good tone. You can hear it in action at my soundclick site below.

Walter

here it is with my MIK Tokai's. The 335 is better than any new gibson out there, and the tele is as good as any new fender in the $700 range. The 335 copy has bumped my 63 jazzmaster(20 year mainstay for me) to the closet since I got it a 1- 1/2 ago. These Korean guitars are kicking our american tails.

watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fender Deluxe Reverb

Postby zaiata » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:23 pm

I use a DRRI, love it.
But the best thing happened last week, Just got a Schatten Resonator Pickups RG-03. Installed it on the Rogue classic metal reso, plug this guitar to the DRRI: oh Heaven! I never suspect it will sound so good. Clean or cracked up, added reverb, with an OD pedal or not. I play mostly acoustic but I am having fun with this set up.
So if you want a tube amp that have super nice cleans with considerable headroom and that you can crank or add a pedal for distortion for your saturated sound I think the DRRI is one of the best out there. As long as you are not looking for some form of speed metal/Shredding type of tone.
22W is plenty for gigs. You will have a little problem cranking it if you try to play in a regular family home, too loud. I use some pedal for that purpose, and I am considering getting one of those amp attenuator. But it is way more manageable than my other amp: a Twin, now that one got to go TOOOO LOUD.
zaiata
Regular

Postby straightblues » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:24 am

Why buy a reissue when you can get a silver face or maybe even a black face for the same price? I would buy old if possible.
straightblues
Regular

Postby zaiata » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:22 pm

Not an used DRRI straightblues, You can get a real good sounding one in excellent shape DRRI for about $500. The going price for a black face (I will love to have one) is way over 1K and the silver face are not too far behind.
And remember that usually you have to spend a couple hundred more to get those amps on gig playable condition. Of course if money is not an issue by all mean go ahead and buy the best Black face you can get. The DRRI is an excellent current alternative for gigs and recording.
zaiata
Regular

Postby straightblues » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:28 pm

I thought the reissues were up over a grand as well. They were when I was looking a couple of years ago. I see Musicians Friends has them for $799. I just looked on Ebay and saw a couple that have closed around $450. The resissues are a good amp. But the Silver Face or Black Face amps are point to point and easier to modify if you are into that. On Ebay, there have been a few sales of Silver Faced Deluxes for less than $800. I like to mod things, so a Silver Face would be much more appealing to me. The Reissues aren't bad amps at all either.
straightblues
Regular

Postby orlyyarlynowai » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:47 am

I have a 1971 Deluxe Reverb. I like it alot.
orlyyarlynowai
Regular

Postby slickcat » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:18 pm

The old deluxe reverbs blackfce/silverface are going for $1200.00 to $1600.00 or more.
You can pick up a used 65 reissue for about $500.00 to $600.00.
New ones go for $799.00 at Musicians Friend.
Many people who have the new reissues say they sound great.
I played through one and its a sweet amp at 22 watts just perfect.

The Hot rod Deluxe is cheaper but 40watts (overkill IMHO )
slickcat
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Equipment Blues