Best blues guitar for beginner

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Postby MoonShine » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:39 am

Hi there Boss,
just got hold of an album (cd) I wore out many years ago,
Canned Heat - Live in Oz (Australia) featuring Walter Trout....good tucker!
Theres not much around that gets my adrenalin up these days but this is magic, Canned Heat 'Boogie' with Walter Trout putting the icing on the cake, pure energy.

Basic guitar work that hits the spot, no need to aim too high playin' SRV or Eddie VH :roll: :shock: IMO lol :D

Another CD I purchased was Canned Heat doin' there thing with John Lee Hooker and another with Muddy Waters....now top that :!:
MoonShine
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:21 am

Hooker and Heat? Is that the CD youre talkin bout? I have that one and Boohie Chillin Number Two is so awesome. I love that CD with JLH and Canned Heat. Amazing.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby MoonShine » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:45 am

Thats the one Lefty, same deal, if I'm a bit down and need an energy fix, will crank up Boogie Chillen No.2 and get approx 11:33 of good medicine lol. I can't possibly sit down when I'm listening to it :roll: , last time needed to lie down for a while to rest me back :shock:
MoonShine
Regular

Walter Trout

Postby big boss man » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:47 pm

Walter Trout and the Radicals played here in our little ol' town Thurday night. What a show! A few in the audience shouted out for some Canned Heat tunes. Instead, Walter opted to described his time with that band this way: "They tell I was in the group for five years, but I really don't recall much about it. So when somebody comes up and says 'Hey, man, remember me from Canned Heat! I played with you!' I always tell 'em - Ok, if you say so!"

The show was a blistering non-stop two and one-half hours of the most intense and powerful blues/rock I've ever heard (and I've heard a lot). That man can play! In fact, he said he just couldn't quit playing and went on to prove it. What an astounding performance and what a great band. Each man on that stage gave everything he had and then some! What awe inspiring musicianship.
big boss man
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:29 pm

Yeah MoonShine, awesome cut. Cant listen to it without tappin my feet.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby MoonShine » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:49 am

Love it!....pity a mod couldn't incorporate some of this thread into the Walter Trout one? NOT that I'm trying to tell anyone how to do their job? :D

Alright if I start one called Canned Heat & Friends?
MoonShine
Regular

Postby ricochet » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:59 pm

Sure! And if you want to, post a link to this thread in the other one.
ricochet
Regular

Previous

Return to Equipment Blues