Epiphone LP Standards vs. Classics - Worth $350-$500?

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Epiphone LP Standards vs. Classics - Worth $350-$500?

Postby herb_ransburg » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:42 am

I have GAS tonight and need to add another Lady to the stable!

I like the Epiphone LPs, but I would like to get some commentary on the Standards vs. the Classics in the $350-$500 range. I tried talking to one of the guys at TGC and even over at SA (don't hate me!) but I think I got the newbies at both stores. I pretty much got zilch from them both. No worries though, I got you guys to help me out, right?

Any commentary from anyone who has played both and/or purchased one or both would be great. Thanks!

Herb
herb_ransburg
Regular

Postby goldbrick » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:49 am

Throw in another 100 or so and get a faded Gibson
goldbrick
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:36 am

A friend has a Korean Epi Les Paul standard, in a gorgeous blue finish on a flame veneer. It's quite nice, I like it more than another friend's Gibson Les Paul studio, but not as much as my own Gibson LP-type, but that might be a function of familiarity.

I played a new Chinese Epi Les Paul standard at the store yesterday, and it was awesome. I didn't plug it in, but the neck felt right. There were a few finish problems, but on the whole looked stunning in a dark red sunburst.
rustyslide
Site Admin

Return to Equipment Blues