Blues harp mic element??

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Blues harp mic element??

Postby jaysblues » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:04 pm

I'm hoping someone can help me identify a Shure mic element. I'm planning on building a harp mic but don't know anything about this element. I found another one very similiar at http://www.harmonicamasterclass.com/vin ... ection.htm

They have an element that says, "for 520 DX" and the element is marked 90A2490. It has a plastic body.

Mine is marked 90A2263 and has a metal body. The body shape is the same but the holes in the front are slightly different.

I'd like to build a couple mics but I don't know if I should spend money on more of these elements.

Shure has changed their coding methods at least 20 times and they destroy or archive their records every ten years.

Anybody have any info on these? I took it out of a General Electric 2 way radio mic. (Built by Shure Brothers) I'm guessing the mic was built in the 70's to early 80's.

Jay
jaysblues
Regular

Postby t bone bruce » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:34 pm

Dave Kott had a website devoted to green bullets, but it seems to be gone at the moment. He had a piece on there about the coding, which enabled me to work out I had an October 1977 CM element. Regrettably I didn't save the info anywhere.
If you do a search on Dave Kott you might find his e-mail address, or try the Weber harp bulletin board.
t bone bruce
Regular

Call Dennis ..

Postby santo » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:46 pm

santo
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues