My new Bogen 35

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

My new Bogen 35

Postby thebluesbox » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:03 am

Its not in yet, but I purchased a steal of a deal on a Bogen challanger 35 all original with the cabinet that houses 2x12's original Bogen custom speakers. Looks very vintage and really nice. I hear the thing sounds as good as it looks cant wait till it comes in!

Bogen Challanger CHB 35 $139.00

Also scrapped up a few more pennies and got this at another good deal couldnt pass either one up, sounds greety of me but I been browsing long enough and my birthday is this week so I figured I would jump on them while the deals were hot and good.

Kalamazoo 2 in great shape $135.00

I will have both sound samples and video samples posted when I get all this in.
thebluesbox
Regular

Postby jeffl » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:44 am

Randy,you piggy! Those are a coupla great finds,in apparently really good condition (judging by the pics). That Bogen really brings back some memories especially, of the days in the late 50's and early 60's, when the gold standard for small dance band PAs was the Shure. Good huntin'!
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bosco » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:52 pm

Great scores, Randy!

I officially pronounce you a "Blues Harp Vintage Amp Fanatic."

Just like me...
Just like Bubba...
just like Hashtaf... well, you get the idea. 8)

BTW- I tried to get on the BLUESBOX this morning and the password you gave me didn't work. Was it time sensitive and needed to be reset? Thx.

Bosco
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby straightblues » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:10 pm

I have one of those Kalamazoos. It has one of the best tremelos I have ever heard.

I also have several bogen PA amps. I don't have that model but I have played through one in the past. Great price for the set.
straightblues
Regular

Postby thebluesbox » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:03 am

Sent you a PM bosco.......

Yeah Im a real gear freak, but not just to try and hang with the big dogs, I like to hunt through gear trying different set ups and sounds, and I like others are in the search fir the amps and mics that I like best that appeal exactly to the sound that I like and I must say this kalamazoo is one keeper. The tremelo doesnt work I do wanna get it fixed but im not to worried about that now later I will look into it, im just enjoying the great tones of this little monster as is, surprizinglly this amp is the only one I have found in 4 years that I can actually use my green bullet mic with and have no touble they just seem to be made for each other. My 5F1 amp wont even let me plug it in and its starts yelling at me :-)

I plan to do some youtube clips and sampls of these great new items soon so stay tuned.

oh btw while adding the 3 prong plug to my kalamazoo I was watching a astatic 200s for 19.00 this mic was awesomely nice and perfect with cord 1/4 jack and all ready to go, had one bid and I was so busy I missed the end, one bidder won it for 19.00 I liked to died !
thebluesbox
Regular

Postby straightblues » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:46 pm

Get that trem fixed. It is worth it beleive me!!! :P 8)
straightblues
Regular

Postby thebluesbox » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:27 pm

I want to, I know I cant fix it im not a techie, I'll have to get someone to fix it so I will as soon as I can.
thebluesbox
Regular

Postby orlyyarlynowai » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:03 am

I have an old Shure tube PA head that I need to get some work done on. Might make a decent old school guitar amplifier.
orlyyarlynowai
Regular

Postby ricochet » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:29 pm

Bet it would.
ricochet
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues