Pawnshop find! Help me out!

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Postby bignick » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:55 pm

At first I didn't think I would like the size at all and would be selling the guitar right away, but after playing it the last 3 days I don't think I could get rid of it. I've never had a guitar I liked to play so much.

I think they will be a little more collectible in the next 5 years as the vintage guitar market keeps growing. No one ever thought those 70s era strats would be worth anything either and now it seems like everyone is looking for them. It is only a matter of time before the 80s stuff starts to catch on.

As stated before, it is hard to find a deal at a pawnshop these days. I remember walking into one 10 years ago and seeing a Jeff Beck strat on the wall for 500. That just doesn't happen anymore. I was happy to find this one.
bignick
Regular

Postby goldbrick » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:18 am

Pawnshops discovered ebay-- everything is rare and unusual now

Everynow and then you can find stuff tho. I found a nice Ovation Celebrity with finish crack for $20, a Strat OHSC for $20 and a decent Fender bass amp for $40 recently

On the other hand saw a badlly refinished Fender Mustang with no pickups for $800 and Gibson SG1 for $1500

Ya just gotta bite your tongue and enjoy the hunt
goldbrick
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:07 am

Fender Japan stuff is awesome! :D

There's probably a ton of info here.
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby straightblues » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:38 am

I have a Squier Bullet. It has a strat shaped headstock instead of the tele shaped headstock you have but the body and logo looks the same. I liked the neck so much I bought the guitar so I could use the neck on my Squier 51. It has a rosewood board. 8)
straightblues
Regular

Postby bignick » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:14 pm

Does the serial number on the headstock start with an E?

You probably have a Korean made Bullet. There is a guy on the Fender forum that collects them and says that they play nice too. The trems and bodies lost a little but the necks are still fantastic.
bignick
Regular

Postby straightblues » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:10 pm

Yes it starts with an E. It is from Korea. It is rumored that these were built from American necks sent to Korea when the Fender USA factory was moving from Fullerton to Corona. I am not sure about that but it is a very nice neck that is flame maple.
straightblues
Regular

Previous

Return to Equipment Blues