F%*#CK them, I'll do it myself.

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Postby 1dustyeod » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:04 pm

Cool guitar..... Tell Alvin we miss him.

8)
1dustyeod
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:14 pm

:) Believe me he misses all of his fans as well.He has been in the studio in spain for the last six months workin on a new Album,I actually sent him a bunch of sound clips for him to go over, Alvin designed the CD cover for my next CD,lost Highway, A painting of his which is called road to nowhere, Alvin has been doin some choice gigs last one was in Spain Last month, TYA is still touring with a KID, Joe Gooch, there has been some sour issues about that ,AND Alvin has not spoken much about it ,but is not at all pleased, Thanks for askin bout him, I will tell him!!
601blues
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:27 pm

:shock: I just recieved this from Alvin, he is very proud of this.-----------ALVIN LEE La Mirona, Girona, SPAIN April 1st 2006

The promoters of the Black Music Festival chose Alvin Lee as the headline act clearly knowing that the finest guitarist of his generation is both reaching the apogee of his musicianship and is also steeped in the American blues tradition. For the past 40 years Alvin has been exploring and pushing the boundaries of blues and rock and roll from their origins, and transforming aspects of these genres by taking them into new and exciting directions. Not surprisingly, therefore, a packed and animated audience of all ages and nationalities had gathered in great anticipation for what promised to be a momentous occasion. They were not disappointed as this was probably Alvin Lee’s greatest performance since Woodstock. When he launched into those famous Big Red guitar riffs, the dazzling pyrotechnic solos and trademark showman antics, it was like experiencing Alvin’s entire musical journey in one explosive moment of time. From the first chords of “Rock and Roll Music to the World” to the national anthem finale, “I’m Going Home” this was an unforgettable roller coaster ride via a host of classics including “I Don’t Give A ****,” “Slow Blues in C” and “I Can’t Keep From Crying Sometimes.” The latter had the audience choking with emotion; the rest of the 2-hour show was spent smiling, tapping, clapping, cheering and gyrating. Lee must be the fittest sexagenarian on the planet to get through such an intense, action-packed programme without suffering a cardiac arrest. On this form, Alvin just blasts away any pretenders to his mantle; his higher profile contemporaries haven’t got the charisma, dynamics, timing and sense of drama which the maestro posseses in abundance. Praise must also go to bassist Pete Pritchard and drummer Richard Newman; the synergy between all three makes this the best Alvin Lee Band ever, and that includes Ten Years After.

Dave The Bishop Scott
Blues Matters!
601blues
Regular

Postby 1dustyeod » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:50 am

Hear hear...!!!!!! Thats what I'm talking about....!!!!!! If its in ya, its got to come out....!!!!! I'm sooo happy to hear that...!!!!! Thats too cool. Tell him I said Congradulations and I'm glad hes back.... I really did miss him. Hes the one that set the bar for me....

8)
1dustyeod
Regular

Previous

Return to Equipment Blues