Effects Peddles

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Effects Peddles

Postby Bant's Bluz » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:19 pm

Does anyone know of a site on the internet where different peddles are demonstrated? I live in somewhat of a musical waste land, in terms of stores that are well stocked with such items. I could drive to Jacksonville Florida, but fuel costs are such that the money could be better spent else where. The one peddle I'm interested in sounds as though it delays the notes played on the guitar to some extent. That's a poor description, but my knowledge of peddles and other effects is extremely limited.
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Re: Effects Peddles

Postby TheDude » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi, sounds to me like you're looking for a delay pedal. Most brands will have a delay pedal in their range. Some of the cheaper brands (but still decent sounding) are Boss, Danelectro, Digitech,... Some more upscale ones are T-Rex, Fulltone, etc.

On Youtube! you'll find sound samples / reviews for a lot of guitar stuff. There are a couple of channels I find particularly good for gear reviews: "gearmanndude", "proguitarshop" and "andertons"/"rob chappers". Especially "proguitarshop" has a lot of reviews of effects pedals.
TheDude
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:08 pm

Thanks Dude (not trying to be trite).
Bant's Bluz
Regular

multi-effects pedals

Postby michaelm » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:50 pm

Just a thought here: If you want to learn more about the effects, you might want to consider getting a multi-effects pedal. A few years back, I wanted to experiment with different effects, so I bought a Digitech RP-80 which is no longer available, but plenty of new versions are. Few, in any, of the effects are fantastic -- you probably need a standalone unit for that -- but the opportunities to explore the effects are pretty unlimited. Anyway, these pedals are usually pretty reasonably priced and provide a good way to get started with effects. Of course, YMMV. HTH.
michaelm
Regular

Postby straightblues » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:29 pm

Pro Guitar Shop . com has a lot of demo videos that are good. If you find a pedal that you are intersted in, it is more than likely that you will find demos on the net. Look around and you will find them. The multi-effect systems are a great place to start like others suggested.
straightblues
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues