Bloomfield Lick

A place to post guitar tabs separately from other discussion so it doesn’t get lost in the messages. To make it easy to search we suggest starting a new thread for each song posted and include the song name in your title. We’ll be able to make a nice archive if we keep tab here and discussion on the other forums.

Bloomfield Lick

Postby blueman2 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:29 pm

Can someone PALEEESE post the tab for the opening solo lick to Alberts Shuffle. It's too good
blueman2
Regular

Re: Bloomfield Lick

Postby jhoenich » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:11 am

try this: close

e
b ---------11-------11
g -----12-----13b-------13----11--------------------------------12 . . . .something magical??????
d s13-------------------------------11----------------8-----10
a ----------------------------------------13-------s10
e
jhoenich
Regular

Postby jhoenich » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:14 am

i used to be able to play the first 8 seconds but i forget. . .i do recall that first part is pretty close however. . .sorry if its off. . .just play around with it and listen to the track and you'll work it out
jhoenich
Regular

Postby blueman2 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:30 pm

Thanks

I've listened to it quite a bit since my last post. I think you're tab is off a bit but thanks for trying. I may try and post some of what I've got figured out when I get a little more done. I think he's starting out with the D minor pentatonic on the V chord and then moving to G minor (maybe major) pentatonic for the the next chord.
I just heard a stunning version at this show in NYC by Jimmy Vivino last month. Someone posted it here:

blueman2
Regular

Postby jhoenich » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:53 pm

this video brought a tear to my eye from the first note. I'm reading Kooper's book btw - its pretty great stuff. . . .yes now that you mention it that does sound like the right scales - i really did this off the cuff w/ no geetar in hand so now that i play it it is pretty off. . . PLEASE POST WHAT YOU'VE WORKED OUT!!
jhoenich
Regular

Postby blueman2 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:41 pm

I'll definitely get something up there when I figure it out.

Just finished Kooper's book myself. Very interesting stuff. He's been there through it all.Pretty amazing, from the Dylan Sessions to being at George Harrison's house the night Lennon died. I even just pulled out some of his solo material I have on vinyl.
blueman2
Regular

Postby coochiebluz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:48 am

did you ever find the Tab for ALbert's shuffle?
coochiebluz
Regular

Return to Guitar Tabs