john lurie??

A place to post guitar tabs separately from other discussion so it doesn’t get lost in the messages. To make it easy to search we suggest starting a new thread for each song posted and include the song name in your title. We’ll be able to make a nice archive if we keep tab here and discussion on the other forums.

john lurie??

Postby troublepants » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:13 am

Hello folks,
don't really know if this is the right place to ask, but I'm gonna try anyway.. Does anybody have any information (tabwise or tips)on the songs John Lurie performs on the Mystery train soundtrack (movie by Jim Jarmusch from '89)?On this lp john lurie and a certain Mark Ribot create this atmosphere on the electric guitar and banjo that's so eerie and beautiful at the same time. Since's I've only been playing for a few months, I can't figure out how to create that sound or which notes to play. I just don't come close enough to make it sound good. If anybody knows this album, I would be very thankful to hear some tips on how to play this kind of stuff.
Greetings,
Rik
troublepants
Regular

RE: john lurie??

Postby chillywilly » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:49 am

John Lurie is a presence in most all of Jim Jarmusch's movies. Either as an actor or providing the soundtrack. Dude is amazing.

It would be very hard to find any tab for any of John Lurie's music. My guess is that most of it is pretty much untranscribable.

If you are a Lurie/Jarmusch fan and haven't seen or heard the following, you should run right out and do so:

"Down By Law", film by Jarmusch, starring Lurie and Tom Waits, along with Ellen Barkin, Roberto Benigni. Soundtrack by Waits and Lurie is great.

"Stranger than Paradise" great film by Jarmusch, starring Lurie, with soundtrack by same.

"The Incredible Marvin Pontiac" CD ostensibly by Marvin Pontiac.

great stuff.
chillywilly
Regular

Return to Guitar Tabs