Judas Bought Himself A Big White House

We don't really like shameless self-promotion, but if you must do it, do it here. Blues-related things only, please.

Judas Bought Himself A Big White House

Postby Slacker G » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:17 pm

I was sitting around playing with my new sound card and this song entered my head for some reason. The chorus came first then I had to write the rest. I thought it was funny, some might not. It is part Prophetic, part symbolic and all truth. I just sat down with my guitar and a mike and hit record, so there are a few bumps along the way.

This was recorded using my Blond Strat, a noisy DAC 2000 C Port, and Sonar 11. The DSP 2000 has a defective 44 pin cable new from the factory so it crackled in the beginning for a second. Then it behaved. It's what it is. Me and my guitar.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12892434
Slacker G
Regular

Re: Judas Bought Himself A Big White House

Postby jeffl » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:16 pm

You deliver the tune well. You got a good ol' style. The tune's too dark for me though. I grew up in the day of protest songs ( the 60's ), and I'm a Dylan/Pete Seeger/ Woody Guthrie fan... also Steve Earle, but your tune's too dark for me... good though.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Slacker G » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:54 am

jeffl,

Thank your for listening and commenting. Yes, it is rather dark. I don't know what to say other than it is what I see going on around me. I don't usually do songs like that. Most of the time I do happy finger pickin stuff, but that one wrote itself. I made the music happy music though. .:)
Slacker G
Regular

Postby jeffl » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:33 pm

Yep, I understand about the cynicism. It's hard to get out of the way of that stuff sometimes. I play harp and occasionally ad lib lyrics off of harp grooves: Occasionally some bawdy stuff comes out- which is not my normal bent - but that's the blues for ya'. Luckily, the lone female player in our band knows me well enough to recognize that it's just music & the "opinions stated in this tune are not necessarily the opinions or positions of the player" :)
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Shameless Promotion