tele or strat???I'm confused

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Re: tele or strat???I'm confused

Postby rustyslide » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:49 pm

What's a ciltap? that better not be one o' them dirty sxeal words!!! :wha:

The dirty little secret is that you can pretty much use any electric guitar passably in any genre.

If I had to pick just one electric guitar, it would be any 24.5" scale length, set neck model with low-output PAF style pickups. Solid, semi-, or fully- hollow, doesn't matter (though you may want a solid body for the ear-splitting stuff)
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby leftyguitarman » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:10 am

wirewalker wrote:If you demand total flexibility then the 335 is a nono unless is has cil-tap, but even then it has no tremelo! without ciltap you will never get acceptable clean tones.

And that is where I quit reading haha.

But seriously, coil taps are not necessary to get a good clean tone. As a matter of fact, I think coil taps sound bad.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby jaybee » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:12 am

get ANY decent guitar, combine it with ANY decent amp - if you can play, you can overcome the SC/HB - trem/no trem - long/short scale issues and sound GOOD

as for me, I switch happily between all of the above and I can NOT get to sound like anything other than ME... now THERE's a REAL problem :roll: :lol: :lol:
jaybee
Regular

Postby ricochet » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:15 pm

boG's quite right on all counts.
ricochet
Regular

Previous

Return to Guitar