tele or strat???I'm confused

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Re: tele or strat???I'm confused

Postby texas blues » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:53 am

grady wrote:
texas blues wrote: Fender single coils are just plain wimpy. I own 2 Strats and a Tele and none comes close to the versatility or tonal range of my LP with P90's. My Fenders invariably need a little help ala a dirt box to get a little grind going. Not so with the LP or the V. Straight up, no chaser.

Cheers, TB.

That's because you're not using the right pickups in your Fender guitars.
My Strat and Tele have more than enough punch and can push an amp into breakup just fine.

Grady...how did this turn into another..."my dick is sooooo big" thread? Tell ya' what..I'll trade you my '81 MIA Strat straight up for your LP VOS. I'll pay shipping. Throw a couple spliffs in the case before you ship to me bro. I'll send you some my hot sauce and smoked salmon. Deal?

Cheers my brotha', TB.
texas blues
Regular

Postby grady » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:13 am

texas blues wrote:
Grady...how did this turn into another..."my dick is sooooo big" thread?

Cheers my brotha', TB.

Not so Dude. I'm just merely stating the fact that there are Strat & Tele pickups out there that not only will match the output of a Humbucker, they'll surpass it.

and FYI, my Schlong is only average size but, it has GREAT tone.
grady
Regular

Postby zhyla » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:27 am

grady wrote:and FYI, my Schlong is only average size but, it has GREAT tone.

From all that practice I bet :).

Hey guys, this is turning into the dumbest thread. He needs a strat, a tele, an LP, and a (sturdy) 335. And let's not even get started on the amps.
zhyla
Site Admin

it's done!!!!

Postby multisounds » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:04 am

a tele,

Hi Guys and girls!!

It's done-it's a tele!! :lol:

I went into the local music shop and played strat and tele for 2 hours and when I got that optional "grunt" sound it was it. Believe me, it can hold it's own when it comes to "full heavy meaty sound". It can also play smooth jazz, blues, rock, country, folk and raggae no problems at all so I'm really rapped!!! :D

It's a USA standard black body with white pick guard and I tried to put the image (JPG) file here but somehow it doesn't load or it needs a URL???, hmmm Strange set up?

But anyway, thx for all the suggestions made by everyone cuz your opinions made my choice! :wink:

cheers
Multi

PS. my next target is a bass guitar to end all bass guitars :D :) :blink: cuz I play bass as well (true story). So I'll post it on bass discussion forum later when I got the doe saved up. Thx again. :lol:
multisounds
Regular

Re: it's done!!!!

Postby jaybee » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:32 am

multisounds wrote:
... It can also play smooth jazz, blues, rock, country, folk and raggae no problems at all ...

damn I need one of those, I can only play blues... :mrgreen:
jaybee
Regular

Postby multisounds » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:27 am

I can only play blues

Hi JB, you look pretty hard-core blues man with that outfit of yours!! :lol: But hey, they say blues is where it all started so basically alot of music is based in blues.

Btw, what's Belgium blues music scene like?? Is it lively everynight with lots of different bands playing and you play gigs yourself either as solo or ensemble?? And also, how does one load a photo with reply or new topic?? (if anyone also know how?). I'm not that good with technology-just want to show off my tele :D :shock: :lol: :wink:

cheers
Multi
multisounds
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:45 am

Good choice, multi! Teles are great guitars!
ricochet
Regular

Postby jaybee » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:12 pm

multisounds wrote:
I can only play blues

Hi JB, you look pretty hard-core blues man with that outfit of yours!! :lol: But hey, they say blues is where it all started so basically alot of music is based in blues.

Btw, what's Belgium blues music scene like?? Is it lively everynight with lots of different bands playing and you play gigs yourself either as solo or ensemble?? And also, how does one load a photo with reply or new topic?? (if anyone also know how?). I'm not that good with technology-just want to show off my tele :D :shock: :lol: :wink:

cheers
Multi

Multi,

if with "hard-core bluesman" you mean I can't play anything else, you' re more or less correct - I have played some rock & pop when I was younger, but with age, the desire to pose as rock / pop star has disappeared... and now I'd probably have a hard time playing the things I used to play 25 years ago - and NOT only because I refuse to play (even half) as loud as I did in those days 8)

Belgian Blues Scene has been better, although there are still quite some blues clubs that have regular gigs - regular as in "every week", some a couple of nights a week, some every other week...

I don't gig for the moment, have been out of a band for some time due to family issues, when that was solved I took over a music store and now that I have time again, I can't seem to find a band that needs a guitar player... or at least they don't want ME as guitar player, I should remember to take my pills every now and then, particularly when going to a rehearsal/audition :roll:

so I just keep playing @ home, and go to jam session whenever I can - partly to play, partly hoping that I will find some "partners in crime" there - but so far no luck...
jaybee
Regular

Postby boogiechillun85 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:13 pm

Good choice!
boogiechillun85
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:14 pm

Go to the airport. Get on a cheap flight to Bournemouth and take the bus to Swanage this weekend (there's still some hotel/guest house places left), look for a man in a red leather jacket who plays a yellow l/h Strat. Or come to Birmingham on Thursday and we'll drive down, you can fly out on Monday because I'll be late back on the Sunday night.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby BobHolland » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:32 pm

Fender P Bass, of course.
Actually I play a Jazz Bass.
But in the beginning there was only P Bass.
And still there is P Bass.
BOB
BobHolland
Regular

Postby Sheb Whitebred » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:57 pm

Whew! I'm glad this is settled. Please don't ask about strings that will do everything.
Sheb Whitebred
Regular

Postby jaybee » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:21 pm

Sheb Whitebred wrote:Whew! I'm glad this is settled. Please don't ask about strings that will do everything.

or effects pedals that walk your dog, wash the dishes and do the laundry, while retaining your original signal... :lol:
jaybee
Regular

Postby BobHolland » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:23 pm

Strings is Strings. What I use is a well guarded secret. So don't even think about asking.
BOB :roll:
BobHolland
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:35 pm

Don't let anybody find out that the best strings are the ones on sale the cheapest!
ricochet
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar