rogue triolian biscuit

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Re: rogue triolian biscuit

Postby roadkill46 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:02 am

hmmm, sending the new one second day air....sometimes you just have to complain, even though i hate to do it, but customer satisfaction and service are a thing of the past with the workers today. wasn't like this 10-15 years ago. it's the culture.
roadkill46
Regular

Postby roadkill46 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:31 am

here's a good one....shipped out from Kansas on 7/9/8...second day air...delivery date....7/14/8.....does that make any sense??? :|
roadkill46
Regular

Postby zhyla » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:00 am

You'd think it'd arrive on the 11th, but the 14th is the next "day" after that. Off by one :(.
zhyla
Site Admin

Postby bottleneck » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:14 am

i'm really keeping my fingers crossed for this.i like the look of the rogue triolian.seems like a great deal!if you live anywhere near philadelphia i'll be glad to set this guitar up for bottlenck playing.you could compare it to my duolian.

http://www.myspace.com/shakeylyman
bottleneck
Regular

Postby roadkill46 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:34 am

i would love the set up but i'm about 3000 miles away on the other coast, well almost, Yuma Arizona is on the Arizona/California/Mexico border, it was only 118 degrees today, we are having a cold spell.... :twisted:
roadkill46
Regular

Postby Steverino » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:09 am

Roadkill46, I have picked up three of these Rogue Triolians cheaply over the past couple of months as freight damaged items to fix up for myself and for friends. Apparently the factory packaging does not protect the strings from sustaining an impact if the guitar is dropped face down. In each case the top of the cone has been caved in, and each one has played fine and sounded great after I straightened out the cone. The cone is formed by spinning to begin with, and can be reformed if misshapen as long as the damage is not too severe. Having bought a new, first quality instrument you should not have to do this, and you were correct in exchanging it. Perhaps your damaged one will appear on eBay in a month or two and I'll snag it!

I think these Triolians are an outstanding value at Musicians Friend's current price of $179 including shipping. I play mine more than any other guitar in the house. You'll no doubt enjoy yours as well as soon as you get a good one.
Steverino
Regular

Postby roadkill46 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:01 am

i figured as much, hopefully there will be no damage on this one. i got a beautiful les paul copy from guitarfetish.com one of my favorite businesses and they are in Maine, the guitar was immaculately packed in 3 boxes with bubble plastic and bubble pillows. it could not have been damaged if they dropped it off of the UPS tower. anyway keep your fingers and toes crossed.
roadkill46
Regular

Previous

Return to Guitar