tips n tricks

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Re: tips n tricks

Postby fabulous furry freak » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:29 pm

Cheers bottleneckslide, I've put another, much better, slide recording on my soundclick: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=820966 .
The vibrato still isn't second-nature to me, and I'm slowly becoming less reliant on hammer-ons/offs. I've obviously got a long way to go, but I'm really getting the hang of it now.

One thing I've noticed since playing slide allot, is that my normal playing is going a bit down-hill, my fret-work is getting a little clumsy, and my rhythm is getting a bit dull. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm guessing I've got to play a bit of both, the problem is that I just don't feel like playing anything but slide.
fabulous furry freak
Regular

Postby maxx england » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:35 am

Slide's frighteningly addictive. The rhythm thing, you will find that you automatically end up rocking backwards and forwards a lot or banging your foot down really hard or both, but you'll need to work at it to start with. It's very easy to lose your place when you're in glissandoland.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby midnight shadow » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:33 am

I have a computer program that allows me to put a CD in and slow it down. I will slow down a section of whatever I am trying to learn and then loop it so I can work on it on my guitar. I have never tried it for slide but I don't see why it wouldn't work with a slide. It has helped me learn different riffs.
Midnight Shadow
midnight shadow
Regular

Previous

Return to Guitar