Jay Turser/Tanglewood/ Mosrite californian copy

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Re: Jay Turser/Tanglewood/ Mosrite californian copy

Postby JakeyVimto » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:16 pm

Hmm, that £11 a night more than the place I'm in. Given that the gigs are paid by passing the hat, and the drink isnt going to be bargain prices, that probably £33 I could use for other things than accomodation.

I did check out the Crampton link, I'm impressed. This is half the reason i'm going, is to watch some of these performers. Hard to explain, but solo music acts, more than any other kind, are like magicians. Its impossible for me to know how they entertain a crowd and hold their attention by listening to mp3 or watching videos. I have to go be in the crowd and learn how its done.

At the same time, I am also planning to drink heavily and play a lot of harp...
JakeyVimto
Regular

Postby houndog » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:47 pm

Aye,
but the damnable thing about that electric apple juice Maxo is that you end up in a garage playing alt tune guitars upside down...s'troo ...

Noo, out with yer durty secret laddie :shock: ...there is a welcome in the Glens if y'forebye that cider and take up some reel brews :P

arf arf,
Lovat
houndog
Regular

Postby maxx england » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:37 am

houndog wrote:Aye,
but the damnable thing about that electric apple juice Maxo is that you end up in a garage playing alt tune guitars upside down...s'troo ...

Noo, out with yer durty secret laddie :shock: ...there is a welcome in the Glens if y'forebye that cider and take up some reel brews :P

arf arf,
Lovat

I suffer from allegories, beer is one of them. However, I have been known on occasion to permit a small ingress of Caledonian distillate. That aromatic tincture, God's gift to the midge bitten, the true and delicious, delirious Water Of Life, Usque Baugh.

I finally figured the kilt and no underwear out in a country composed 50% of biting insects: it's the swelling you're after, isn't it? :blink:

And byyyy the wayyyy, whaur's thae bliddy recording o' thae 'Garage Session'? Havna seen it yet :(
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:09 am

Jakey, check your email for my mobile no. See you there at what? 6:30ish? at the Purbeck.

Happy days are here again, the vicar's turning :wha:

Clive coming too, so we got a sort of trio, he's always on about needing a blowsucker. :blink:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JakeyVimto » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:19 pm

Maxx, I should be in town by 6.30.

However, if you are going to persist in using the term 'blowsucker', I'm going to have to insist we meet in a well-lit public place, possibly one that has CCTV cameras....
JakeyVimto
Regular

Previous

Return to Guitar