Jay Turser/Tanglewood/ Mosrite californian copy

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Re: Jay Turser/Tanglewood/ Mosrite californian copy

Postby JakeyVimto » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:29 am

I grew up with IPA and 80 shilling Maxx, but in city pubs, they dont know how to treat ale with anything close to respect.

Lager is like the tonka toy of beer, hence it does the job when I dont trust the bar to do theirs.

Re: Sanatogen, please dont mention tonic wine too loudly. The natives in my office have just pricked up like a mongoose pack on snake alert. For gods sake dont mention the B word.

Re: Mothers Pride, you are a big english girl who likes soft fluffy bread, that is all.....
JakeyVimto
Regular

Postby maxx england » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:10 pm

JakeyVimto wrote: Re: Mothers Pride, you are a big english girl who likes soft fluffy bread, that is all.....
:shock:

When future palaeontologists dig up our remains, they will reach the conclusion that the Scots were a separate subspecies solely on the evidence of the massively enlarged facial bones serving to anchor the enormous muscles required to chew the horrifying stuff. I am unanimous on this. 8)

What day/time are you getting in anyway? Afternoons will be spent lurking at the Red Lion, evenings at the Purbeck, and then off into the heady, seething metropolis that is SWANAGE :D
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JakeyVimto » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:10 am

Come to think of it, I cant find my the reminder of my flight in my email anywhere.

Annoying/worrying.

Pretty sure I arrive in Bournemouth late afternoon of the 7th. Then however I get from there to Swanage, which is always fun.

So basically, if your not in the Purbeck, your in the Lion.

You should notice me, I'm taller and more Scottish than the majority of the patrons of either bar, I'm guessing...

I'm bringing enough porridge and bread for everyone! Good times!
JakeyVimto
Regular

Postby maxx england » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:53 am

Short, bald, bandy, red leather jacket, clutching a yellow Strat. Alcohol may be involved. The Great Marko has done the Borneo/Swanage trip, I will pump him for details of best route.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:51 am

Marko's experience last time was trainworks, roadworks, don't works, so is not applicable now. His research indicates a bus from Borneo to Swanage, but the trip takes an IceAge, so the logical way is the bus from Hurn to the town centre, train to Wareham, and then the bus again for the short run in. If you detrain at Wareham and there's another muso or 2, a taxi might be affordable too.

You are flapping wings into Hurn, if your flight is earlier than late p.m. I will be passing the area about 12:00-1:00 at around 60mph. Is it worth sticking a hook out of the window as we go by if we can find a pickup point?
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JakeyVimto » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:59 am

Think I land in bournemouth around 5pm, so I should be at swanage by then.

But nothing works out that simple for me, so I'll keep you posted.
JakeyVimto
Regular

Postby maxx england » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:10 pm

So the Purbeck it is then. Incidentally, there's an unexpected vacancy due to somebody's ill health, if you can cope with the greater price.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JakeyVimto » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:47 pm

Hey, how much is the free room at the purbeck?
JakeyVimto
Regular

Postby Fishfeathersmacteeth » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:04 pm

....be careful in these far-out parts of Englandshire Jakey...!

....have you left details of your itinerary with a responsible person...? :lol:
Fishfeathersmacteeth
Regular

Postby houndog » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:31 pm

Jeez,
Carling bought all the lager, in fact afore Carling there was no lager..tsk they no teach youse nothing in school.

arf,
Lovat
houndog
Regular

Postby JakeyVimto » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:36 pm

Lovat,

Take that back sirrah, I learned everything necessary about lager in school.

Which is why all my lager comes from the czech and polish delis in the west end...

Fishfeathers,

I'm planning to leave a trail of shortcake behind me, and taking a small scootie dog to go fetch help if the southeners turn against me. But im not worried, its only legal to shoot me in chester....

j
JakeyVimto
Regular

Postby Fishfeathersmacteeth » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:15 am

houndog wrote:Jeez,
Carling bought all the lager, in fact afore Carling there was no lager..tsk they no teach youse nothing in school.

arf,
Lovat

...aye, but do you suppose there's a decent curry in Swanage...? :)
Fishfeathersmacteeth
Regular

Postby houndog » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:02 am

Aye,
afore Carling in the 60's lager was a ladeez drink and was avoided by real men, but Mr Carling got football sponsorship and it became the lads drink. Probably the greatest marketing strategy in the Western World after bottled water( that's the see through non alcholic beer they in non bodegradable MC Teef).
Curry is the necessary antidode to Carling lager , I have managed to avoid poisoning at the end of a Sat night by using curry to cure m'sel. :wink:

But I often think lager is the transistor amp to beer's valve amp. Cider is all together another thing as Maxx England will tell you :twisted:

arf arf,
Lovat
houndog
Regular

Postby Fishfeathersmacteeth » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:33 pm

But I often think lager is the transistor amp to beer's valve amp. Cider is all together another thing as Maxx England will tell you :twisted:

arf arf,
Lovat

ROTFL....cider....? that'll be Old English then...? :D
Fishfeathersmacteeth
Regular

Postby maxx england » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:52 am

Fishfeathersmacteeth wrote:

arf arf,
Lovat

ROTFL....cider....? that'll be Old English then...? :D

Old English is the shabby commercial tip of the cider iceberg. The Red Lion stocks Weston's on draught and bottled. I look forward :arrow: with a song in my heart to reacquainting myself with Bound's Brand and Old Rosie. Bound's is light, dry, fine like a wine, Old Rosie is, for want any better simile, a polychromatic and kaleidoscopic firework display in the way the flavours unfurl, in comparison to the black and white stickman drawing of cheap braindeath ciders from the offie. Happy, happy, happy :D :D :D

The room, I don't know if they've let it yet. If it's a single, I think it's £27:50 b&b.

Link is here: http://purbeckhotel.com/accomodation.aspx

You might yet end up sharing with Clive, he is humming and ha-ing about coming down. I doubt if he will, suffering as he does from self employment and marriage. But you never know.

And did you go to the Crampton link on the Mosrite eq thread? Impressive on sound, more than twice as good in the flesh.

Don't know about curry in Swanage, probably Chinky only being in the 6 finger hinterlands of the south, but we'll explore.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar