Who likes Republics?

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Re: Who likes Republics?

Postby comradebob » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:52 pm

Old Stella wrote:Delta Blues Dawg is right. I wouldn't dream of tampering with mine. Frank set it up and I ain't screwing with it. Volume? When I play and sing without amplification, I have to back WAY off on my Republic so people can hear my voice and harmonica. Tone? I feel bad for the dreadnaught and "Other" resonator players I jam with - my Republic biscuit bites right through and the tone is consistent in any kind of room, and outdoors. The big test for quality tone is this - record it. Recorders, cassette or digital, will usually make a crappy instrument sound crappier and a quality instrument sound even better. I think recorders hear something humans don't. Anyway...my Republic sounds so good on CD (recorded dry and flat!!) it is unreal.
The only other guitar I'll ever buy is another Republic, probably a Reso-Relic Tricone.
(Don't tell my wife!) I first heard heard about them in this forum. Thank you all!!

Hey Old S., if you're not already doing so, you might keep an eye on eBay for Frank's auctions. I nabbed one of his tricones a little while back for about $120 off regular price, due to some cosmetic "blem" that I haven't found & could care less about. It sounds like you'd expect... jes' dandy. And the wife was made mellower by the discount :mrgreen:
comradebob
Regular

Postby Derekslide » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:44 pm

I freaking LOVE my relic reso tricone, She has awesome tone and a growl that's un matched by any guitar I've heard to date.

Here is my reso all purty like.

I've all ready got offers from people who want to buy it all ready.
Derekslide
Regular

Postby 112inky » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi all,
Republic Guitars are even better than Nationals, which are for elitist guitar snobs anyway. I won't ever post here again, I just wanted to join the growing number of Republic owners that mysteriously appear on this forum to sing the praises of Republic guitars and then promptly vanish, never to be heard from again.
112inky

Postby Slim » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:46 pm

What? I think there are alot of regular posters who play Republics here. I have been noticing that you have posted in nearly every thread with some bit of advice or knowledge in the past few hours..now this odd post about Republics??? What gives?
Slim
Regular

Postby Derekslide » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:57 pm

Slim wrote:What? I think there are alot of regular posters who play Republics here. I have been noticing that you have posted in nearly every thread with some bit of advice or knowledge in the past few hours..now this odd post about Republics??? What gives?
I agree with you slim, bit please don't :feed the troll:
Derekslide
Regular

Postby Slim » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:58 pm

Me thinks it some type o Spam of some flavor....But as all the flavors I have tasted All taste like Shat! LOL!
Slim
Regular

Postby Derekslide » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:03 pm

Slim wrote:Me thinks it some type o Spam of some flavor....But as all the flavors I have tasted All taste like Shat! LOL!
Now that's a good one!
Derekslide
Regular

Previous

Return to Guitar