Who likes Republics?

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Re: Who likes Republics?

Postby leftyguitarman » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:06 pm

Damn, that Reso is nice lookin! Every time you guys post pics, I want one more and more!
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby Ozzie Blues » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:23 pm

Hey Lefty, If you want one that bad, sell your girlfriend on Ebay ! :)
Ozzie Blues
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:40 pm

If I sold her, I could buy many Republics. Or a National. She'd get some high bids I'm sure. :lol:
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby polymerchm » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:55 am

Got my Miniolian today. Wow!!! My wife said I didn't pay enough!!!! Plan to put up a youtube real soon.
polymerchm
Regular

Postby papajerry » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:07 pm

"Send Picture of girlfriend."
papajerry
Regular

Postby heckergt » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:52 am

leftyguitarman wrote:Does anyone have any soundclips of their Republics? I wanna hear what they sound like.

Here is a recording of my Engraved Republic Tricone round neck. I am using fingerpicks. No modifications. Craftsmen deepwell socket for a slide.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=755445
heckergt
Regular

Postby DeltaBluesDawg » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:06 am

Are you kidding?????

I posted my steadfast love for my republic Tricone here: http://www.guitarseminars.com/ubb/Forum ... 20670.html

I've changed the tuners since then. But, I don't want to change anything else--including the cones. Damn, it sounds good!!

Dawg. :D
DeltaBluesDawg
Regular

Postby whirligig » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:03 pm

Went to the Dallas Guitar Show this weekend, to see and play what Nationals I could find there and to go by the Republic booth.

I did play a new El Trouvador (probably spelling that wrong sorry) and it was very nice, but 3k. I'm a rank beginner I just can't justify that :)

Frank had a great spot for the Republic booth and he was BUSY. He said he did well on Friday, we went Saturday; by 1 pm he was down to 8 of the 20 guitars he'd brought in that morning. I would bet he ended up going back home to get more before the end of the evening. One dealer of a small shop bought 5 of them while we were standing there. He sold a couple of tricones in that hour we were there also.

My husband asked me to pick one out for him and so he got a shiny etched Style O...I got a relic Style O to go with my relic tricone and hopefully my GAS is over now. Both guitars were set up flawlessly and sound awesome. Very very happy w/ all 3 guitars.

I hope Frank and Robin are doing well selling these, they're both really nice people and the guitars are great. It's good fortune to have these instruments as an option and I'm enjoying mine very much!
whirligig
Regular

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:33 pm

All these posts have me trembling with anticiapation for the arrival of my Republic!!! And to think until last week I had never heard of them. A great guitarist named St. Louis Slim told me about them and said he thought they were as good as most nationals (He plays a national) and that he had heard nothing but good about Frank. Then I find this board this week and now I have a guitar on its way!!!! WOWO!
Slim
Regular

Postby Old Stella » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:45 pm

WARNING SLIM: Put on your helmet, your lead vest, asbestos gloves and prepare to be blown away!!
Old Stella
Regular

Postby Slim » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:01 am

I am so ready!!!!
Slim
Regular

Postby DeltaBluesDawg » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:39 am

Slim wrote:I am so ready!!!!

Its gonna blow you away. And later, don't let anyone talk you into upgrading the cones because the Continentals are awesome cones as they are (I tried the new "Hotrod" National cones and the difference was not worth the money--about a 2 to 5 % diference). Anyway, congrats on your purchase--you'll be really pleased roght out of the box

Dawg
DeltaBluesDawg
Regular

Postby DeltaBluesDawg » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:39 am

Slim wrote:I am so ready!!!!

Its gonna blow you away. And later, don't let anyone talk you into upgrading the cones because the Continentals are awesome cones as they are (I tried the new "Hotrod" National cones and the difference was not worth the money--about a 2 to 5 % difference). Anyway, congrats on your purchase--you'll be really pleased right out of the box

Dawg
DeltaBluesDawg
Regular

Postby Old Stella » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:55 am

Delta Blues Dawg is right. I wouldn't dream of tampering with mine. Frank set it up and I ain't screwing with it. Volume? When I play and sing without amplification, I have to back WAY off on my Republic so people can hear my voice and harmonica. Tone? I feel bad for the dreadnaught and "Other" resonator players I jam with - my Republic biscuit bites right through and the tone is consistent in any kind of room, and outdoors. The big test for quality tone is this - record it. Recorders, cassette or digital, will usually make a crappy instrument sound crappier and a quality instrument sound even better. I think recorders hear something humans don't. Anyway...my Republic sounds so good on CD (recorded dry and flat!!) it is unreal. The only other guitar I'll ever buy is another Republic, probably a Reso-Relic Tricone. (Don't tell my wife!) I first heard heard about them in this forum. Thank you all!!
Old Stella
Regular

Postby drob » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:41 pm

I am gonna get one a parlor sized one as soon as frank has em ready.
drob
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar