V-amp users?

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

V-amp users?

Postby telemonkey » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:06 pm

Just curious, anyone else around here got a Behringer V-amp or V-amp 2? I didn't like mine much at first, but after a lot of tweaking I get some real nice tones, both thru headphones and with an amp. Great practice amp, good effects and cheap.
I'm hoping someone here might have some new patches to try or to swap with.
Besides...The electric forum seems a lil' dead lately so I thought I'd get the ball rolling a bit. (guess everyones playing slide these days)
telemonkey
Regular

RE: V-amp users?

Postby randy101 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:20 pm

I have neighbor who has one. His sounded great.
randy101
Regular

Postby slideshowbob » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:30 pm

I have a V-Amp Pro.I love it for what i do.I like all the 'connect-ability ' options. .. dont really have any patches to speak of, as i'm usually tweaking them a bit. I dont use any of the stock pre sets, and only really use a couple of the ones i set myself. i picked the behringer v-amp pro based on the price and the fact that it has two Dumble amp models... bob
slideshowbob
Regular

Postby telemonkey » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:02 pm

I kinda' know what you mean, SlideShow.
I tend to stick to the same six or so patches I tweaked myself. Mostly I use the "Small Combo" which is a model of the Fender Tweed Champ and sometimes I'll use the Fender Bassman model. Both work pretty well with my Tele.
telemonkey
Regular

Postby 1dustyeod » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:15 pm

I got the 2x10 model V-Tone. Nice practice/jam amp. Easy enough to carry. I like the line out on it alot. Comes in handy for jammin and recording. I understand that one shouldn't get any magnets around the boards in these things though.... Messes 'em up somehow. I had to do a little tweakin' on mine too. Didn't like the presets.

Tommy

[www.tommystriplethreatbluesrevue.com/BandPage.html]

"A strat, a cord, and an amp set to 10 is all I really need. Nothing sounds better than a tortured stratocaster....."
1dustyeod
Regular

Return to Guitar