Their wives dictate my show

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

RE: Their wives dictate my show

Postby mickeypainless » Mon May 01, 2006 2:11 am

I guess I'm with TR and Rico! I can count my "one night stands" on about a 1/2 a hand! Just never been my thang! I am a incurable flirt and Mrs P has known that of me for all the years we've known each other and since I don't stray she's cool about it! Never any disrespect by it so we both find it harmless!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby grady » Mon May 01, 2006 3:24 am

Me too.
I'm faithful to my Wife because that's what you're suppose to do when you're married.
I have no desire to fool around with anyone.

Besides, and I'll be very "frank" here.
I've been around enough to know that they haven't made a piece of ass that's so good it's worth risking everything I have.
grady
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Mon May 01, 2006 4:54 am

>>>piece of ass that's so good it's worth risking everything I have.

AMEN!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lorilu » Mon May 01, 2006 1:45 pm

I am so glad to hear that. Well, your wives are lucky. I was always hoping there were some non-cheating guys out there when I do get ready to settle down. That is cool, Micky, that your wife understands and doesn't mind the flirting. She must feel that you would never hurt her and that you respect the honest relationship you guys have. It is really nice to hear. Sounds like you guys are still in love and like.

I would have a hard time with a guy that flirted a lot. I don't know how to deal with that. It is from my past of being with some men that cheated. I know it had to do with the kinds of guys I was with. Unfortunately, that is what has been most familiar to me. It seems there are a lot of them out there like that.
lorilu
Regular

Postby 601blues » Mon May 01, 2006 2:10 pm

There are a lot of women like that as well!!don't keep Makin men feel they are the root of womens problem, I have had my share of unfaithful lyin,usein,ungrateful,women myself.
601blues
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Mon May 01, 2006 2:26 pm

>>>don't keep Makin men feel they are the root of womens problem,

AMEN!!!!!
I listened to a rant from my ex not so long ago about how WE men were this and that and how WE had screwed up her life yada yada yada and I finally said..... "Let's look at the ONE constant in each and EVERY equation...... YOU"!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lorilu » Tue May 02, 2006 1:42 pm

Please don't misunderstand. I don't feel that men are in any way the root of women's problems. Not at all. I have made some poor choices and have paid the price. I do think it is not always easy to find a guy who won't cheat, though. I have taken time off from relationships because I wanted to figure it out. I am taking full responsibility for my choices. I had never cheated on anyone and then in the last relationship I knew he was being dishonest and by then I was very involved and very hurt so I tried the cheating thing one time and I hated it. I wanted to see how it felt and I didn't like it and thought that I would rather break up with someone than go with someone else. It was easy but I felt dirty and wrong. I decided that if I was choosing the wrong guys for so many years I better take a time out for as long as it took and observe myself and others so when it's time I will choose someone with the qualities that I want and need. I have a comfortableness with the bad boys and have almost always been with those types. I am trying to break this habit. It sure is taking a long time. In the meantime, I have done a lot of wonderful things with my life and raised my daughter. I am proud of what I have accomplished so far and the places I have been. I am not sorry for my past as I had a really good time and that is what I was looking for. But now when I do settle down, I want a great non cheating guy. I have a lot of guy friends and I love you guys, too. Some of my relationships with my guy friends go back a lot of years. I treasure their friendships and we still enjoy doing stuff together. These are non-sexual relationships. My problems are always of my own making and I know that and always try to solve them and take full responsiblility. OK, honey?
lorilu
Regular

Postby lorilu » Tue May 02, 2006 1:53 pm

I feel bad. I don't want you to think that way. And don't want to hurt your feelings. But, you know, a lot of guys cheat. Probably women, too. I just know a lot more guys that do.
lorilu
Regular

Postby ricochet » Tue May 02, 2006 2:28 pm

There are plenty of both.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue May 02, 2006 2:33 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-02-06 AT 12:18 PM (EST)]Its just one of those things that you can't make a hard rule for everyone,but as for myself,My wife is and always be my first concern,and love and she is my best friend, we will have our 30th anna. on the 15th of aug, I was married 2 times before,and was thrown to the way side by thease gals, So with my wife it has takin years foe me to even trust her a little, But over the years She gave me 4 wonderful sons,in return I worked 2 jobs most of the time so she could stay with the boys full time,I gave up music to spend time at ball fields,and school functions, We both worked our butts off raisin those boys, Sometime if we got into an argument,because I felt ignored, I would threatin to leave! She would just ask if I wanted her to pack my things?? She never asked me where I was goin or where Ive been I never had to explain anything to her,If we went out she knows I love to talk to men and women,she never accused me of flirting or anything,So thats why we will always be together,I don't go lookin for other women,and Ive turned down far more offers than I could count, however everynow and then It happens,why I can't say, But most people can't understand theres sex,not for anything but sex thats all nuttin else,and people can't understand you can have a woman friend and not be involved with as far as sex is concerned .I hve several women friends one is my best friend and we have never even mentioned sex at all and she is very good lookin guys aks me to help them git in her pants!!So people put just to much importance on sex its a natural thing I could wanna do it wif someone but thats it !!Sex is just an animal thang!! like Dogs thats why they call us dogs!! So LORI you might just try to lightin up and approch those men as if you don't care if they leave or stay! and let me say this I go home after every gig,not out wif some ladies,The only time I have did anything like that was when I was on tour or outta town foe an extensive time period!
601blues
Regular

Postby lorilu » Tue May 02, 2006 6:21 pm

That is really cool, 601. You are a good man. It's hard for me to do that like for you in trusting your wife. And so many guys have hit on me with wives and girlfriends. It happens regularly and that has not increased my trust level. I WILL try with the next one. My ex still wants to get back after five years. We had a great time and I gave him all the space but he was not honest about many things. I just remember some things that really weren't too cool. I needed help around my place and he was telling me how he couldn't hurt his hands because of guitar and bass! I lost some respect for him there. He did not then make his living as a musician. I gotta trust someone and I need help, too. I really cannot handle someone straying even just for sex because I would not do it. Is that wrong to have that preference? In fact, just yesterday my friend's man asked me if I wanted to go out of town on a gig he has this weekend. I pretended I did not hear him. But we both know I did. I have heard every complaint imaginable about wives and girlfriends that now I know where things are heading when that comes up.
lorilu
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue May 02, 2006 6:53 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-02-06 AT 02:58 PM (EST)]Now Thats a dog there Lori, thats premated sex!!I agree with you on dat!that guys a jerk!!Ive never stooped dat low,not anywhere close to that, the times I ve had were way out on da road and just happened,thats all,And sounds like this guy your ex is just plain lazy, better not to have any help than the wrong kind and your daughter is around too,it may not be safe for her either,maybe you need to look else where for a good man!! why give him another chance he already showed you what he is made of, people don't change,Lori,get that crap outta yo head!!There is plenty good men out there that would be wonderful for you and your daughter,have you tried a singles site?? No your not wrong to feel that way about straying your just not handleing it correctly,Don't come off as desperate and fearful, tell that sob he had his chance. walk tall and strong and don't take crap, when dat drummer took a stick and went for the ride you should have told her to back off now. be confindent and demand the best!
601blues
Regular

Postby lorilu » Tue May 02, 2006 11:26 pm

Thanks, you are the best and I have to agree 100%. I don't think I act or am desperate and fearful but I usually walk when things don't look right. I honestly have stayed out of the dating and romance for a long time to raise my daughter and further myself. I have guy friends only. I also think that maybe at our age group things can get a little shaky. I am thinking that when it's right I will know it and I am not in a hurry. I meet a lot of guys. I sure hope I don't sound desperate and fearful. But I will continue to look inside and see what I can do to improve myself and my character.
lorilu
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue May 02, 2006 11:32 pm

Lori, you don't havta improve anything except the way you feel about your self don't sell yourself short and don't settle for anything less than what you want! Ive seen your heart! sometimes we settle for less cause we don't think we are good enough for more! You are!!
601blues
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Wed May 03, 2006 1:01 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-02-06 AT 09:02 PM (EST)]Getting to KNOW yerself is a VERY healthy thang! When Mrs P and I were split 10 or so years ago I did 2 things for ME.... I sought the advise of a therapist and didn't date in any way shape or form for 6 months. The good news of all of that was that through that process I realized that I had alot to do w/ the split and once I figgered out my place in the world I could then in turn bring something GOOD to the "party"!
After my 6 plus month hiatus from women I stepped into the dating world long enough to find that most of the women in the age and social group I was interested in didn't have "Baggage" they had Sea Trains and Steamer trunks! Long story short, the next woman I asked out was Mrs P and we've been together ever since!
As for "Cheating".... I have never needed to cheat and if I did, I'd be one hellava man to be able to handle anyone after what has ALWAYS been right in my own home! (BTW.... when in the hell do women SLOW down atleast SOME)????? LOL
Hey LL, I got a call from one of my clients up on yer mountain and I have 35 horses to do in the next couple weeks so we gotta meet up fer a cup o coffee or sumthin (In a non dawg kinda way !:P ) I'll let ya know when I'm gonna be there okay!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar