Their wives dictate my show

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

RE: Their wives dictate my show

Postby mickeypainless » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:05 pm

>>>Iam a true degenerate!!

Nuttin better than a guitar playin, dog lovin degenerate in my book Ronnie! You da man!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby allanlummox » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:47 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-06 AT 01:54 PM (EST)]No bad intention, Lu - you just didn't seem like the Dr. Phil type.

I have't been much for daytime TV since they took "Pinky and the Brain" off the air...

http://astronomy.sussex.ac.uk/~rss23/im ... _cage2.jpg
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby grady » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:24 pm

>No bad intention, Lu - you just didn't seem like the Dr.
>Phil type.
>
>
>I have't been much for daytime TV since they took "Pinky and
>the Brain" off the air...
>
>
>
>
>http://astronomy.sussex.ac.uk/~rss23/images/pinkybrain_cage2.jpg

Now, that's Entertainment !!!

Anyone heard the rumor that Dr. Phil is the 2nd Cousin of Bullwinkle the Moose ??
I do notice a resemblance.

Dr. Phil I can tolerate.
Oprah on the other hand is a Racist.
grady
Regular

Postby 601blues » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:05 am

I guess dats why I love dogs so much!!Iam one myself,I jus cain't help it!! Iam a Pinky fan muh self!!
601blues
Regular

Postby ricochet » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:17 pm

Sounds more like a tomcat to me.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby 601blues » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:39 pm

Ive been called dat to,however I prefer Dog!!
601blues
Regular

Postby lorilu » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:33 pm

That looks like cable to me. We are very primitive up here. No cable, no dial-up. Lucky we have running water, though I have to go down to the creek to get it. Just kidding.

I learn a lot from the Dr.

You guys are some dirty dogs aren't ya. It's enough to scare a poor girl away from marriage forever! I have too many guy friends and they're all dogs! I was telling a few of them about Big Daddy's band predicament with the flashing women and they were like, "Mmmhmm, mmmhmm, now where is this bar?" Had some good laughs. Some of them watch Dr. Phil and even admit to it.
lorilu
Regular

Postby 601blues » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:42 pm

Why are we dirty dogs! thats a natural thing and instint,for somphin so nice and fun everyone whats ta make a dirty thing about it,Gezz,thats what makes the world turn,I don't go out and search women down, sometimes it just happens?? No 30yr mortage or anything it jus happens,Strangers in da night!
601blues
Regular

Postby bigdaddy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:17 pm

Gettin' it, not gettin' it, might be gettin' it. That's my life. I am a man. A good day is when I run thru all three in the same 24 hour period. Bad times is when I spend to much time in the second one. I do not watch Dr. Phil because the dude is to sissy for me. I don't watch any of the "help me" programs 'cause I don't need help. I ain't mean, I ain't a criminal, I am a man, an adult male in the free world. I am always on the hunt. That don't mean I'm always hunting. During my marriages I look around to see where the "deer" are in the event that I get dumped and I am forced out in to that cruel hunting world, yeah, like I am right now. A man has to keep his skills up for them years in between marriages.
bigdaddy
Regular

Postby lorilu » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:33 pm

I'm just sayin. I was kidding about you being dirty dogs. Besides, men are the ones who have told me that all the time,"Lorilu, men are dogs and pigs and don't you forget it." Men say that. As a woman or just as who I am, I do not want a man who will go with other women or be constantly looking at other women or flirting all the time. It makes me feel uncomfortable and undesirable. When I am with someone I try to make him feel desired, sexy and secure and I guess that's what I want, too. Maybe this is impossible. I'd rather stay single than to worry about whether someone is cheating, might be cheating, wants to cheat. It is extremely painful to go through. Been there a few times.

I give people a lot of space and freedom because that's what I want but I want to be able to trust that it won't be taken advantage of. I guess it comes down to whether people have an "open" relationship. If both the man and the woman agree that encounters outside the marriage or relationship are ok then why not? My experience has been the men want me to only be with them and then they don't tell me they are messing around or looking to do that. Not the kind of relationship I want.

About five or so years ago a friend of mine, a guy, told me, how much time do you think you waste thinking about "love". He said that I and many people are addicted to romance or the chase and the excitement of it all. It hit me hard. He said I spent so much energy on thinking about this stuff what could I be doing with that time instead. It changed my life. I took the romanticizing and fantasizing and turned it into pursuing my dreams and goals. It was like quitting smoking or drinking or drugs. I meet quite a few men and I try to get to know them to see if there is something there but I stay focused on my path and my dreams and try not to ever get carried away. Till it's right.

I know you guys are different. You can do stuff without any emotional involvement but very few women, if they are being honest with themselves, can do that. Believe it or not it hurts us.
lorilu
Regular

Postby lorilu » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:00 pm

I need to apologize to you guys for calling you dirty dogs. I don't always think about guys as being very sensitive or having feelings and sometimes joke around too much. I was surprised at the reactions and it showed me that I need to be a little kinder. Sorry. Cause I really like you all and enjoy our discussions very much, most all the time.
lorilu
Regular

Postby bigdaddy » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:27 pm

No need to say sorry. Honey, many men are dogs. I am one of them. I have been very cruel to women in my youth. Dog is a good description. Although I think I could do it today I really don't think I can. I'm just not that heartless anymore. Not all men were heartless, I know this to be true. I don't get offended at the dog name but I got mad once when some girls said I looked like Jesus. Got a little ticked once when a biker broad called me a goody goody two shoes. I don't mind being called names that are true but false names don't sit well with me.
bigdaddy
Regular

Postby lorilu » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:32 am

Well, as long as we're all ok. It is easy for men to manipulate women and it is also easy for women to manipulate men. When someone is attracted to you , you can get what you want from them if that is what you choose. For a woman it can be dinners, gifts, trips, clothes, and the same for a man. I have found and taught my daughter that what goes around comes around. If you use people you will eventually get to see what that feels like. I have done some things when I was younger that were wrong and a lot of stuff was around the drinking and the drugs. I have come a long way around and have learned to appreciate the simple things and to value the beauty in good people and real things. I am glad that I have travelled the path that I went and have a lot of experience that helps me deal with all kinds of people. I have been places that I know I can never ever really look down on anyone else. Although I still passionately speak my truth.
lorilu
Regular

Postby trguitar » Mon May 01, 2006 12:55 am

I'm a guy but I am sensitive. Guess cause I work with women. Meaningless sex was always the worst to me. Been married for 22 years and faithful all the way. Guess I'm a freak but I'm just me. Besides, I'm not a dog, I'm a cat person!
trguitar
Regular

Postby ricochet » Mon May 01, 2006 1:28 am

Same here, going on 28 years. I do love the ladies and have lots of dear friends of that gender, but don't fool around. In my business, it makes your life a lot happier if they like you, too!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar