Their wives dictate my show

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

RE: Their wives dictate my show

Postby lorilu » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:06 am

That's cool Grady. I do the same with my daughter. Walter will vouch for that. By control, I mean, trying to control their thoughts and what they are going to do. I do not like to control people in that way. But I do like to share opinions in a good way. It is great to see someone love their child like you do. After 16 years I can't wait to see my daughter when I get home either. She is a very good kid who is able to think for herself and listens and can also speak her mind in a polite way.
lorilu
Regular

Postby nizer » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:17 am

Well... all I can say is - this is the BLUES, not a church social. Let the party begin! However, players are NOT part of the party. Whether alcohol, drugs or women, guys have to draw the line at the edge of the stage - or not. Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind. This is an occupational hazard and constant dilema from what I've seen.

I've seen more then one guy go down by crossing that line. I also know players who don't drink or diddle the fans and gig constantly and have a great time. The successful ones know the difference. If rowdy women are a threat to your relationship you need to either get a new partner or stop playing in Blues bands in bars.

I'm with BigDaddy on this one.
nizer
Regular

Postby cas » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:53 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-06 AT 09:55 PM (EST)]It takes two to tango fellas.

The guys should talk to their women and come to some sort of understanding about what they can and can't handle that allows all parties to be happy. It's called compromise.

Bottom line though is the "employees" have to follow the "employers" rules. If the bandleader..if there is one, wants to do something they have to go along. If, for whatever reason, they can't, then they can leave. It's the same in any job.

Carol

P.S. You can tell how I handle problems, just read the next line.
cas

Postby ricochet » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:09 am

>P.S. You can tell how I handle problems, just read the next
>line.

Maybe their wives handle problems the same way?

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:38 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-06 AT 10:40 PM (EST)]The guy's handled it all wrong! Any self respecting man KNOWS: "Tis easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission"!
Mrs Painless has a small fortune in jewelry from back in my drinkin days!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby cas » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:44 am

I'm just a big talker, I don't really handle things that way. At least not anymore.

Carol}>
cas

Postby ricochet » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:48 am

>"Tis easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission"!

That's how I handled the tone cabinet to match my Hammond that's coming from Kansas.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby grady » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:14 am

> I also know players who don't drink or diddle the fans and gig
>constantly and have a great time. The successful ones know
>the difference.

I resemble that remark....LOL !!!

I don't even think about "Diddling" anyone at my shows.
As soon as my gig is over, I pack my stuff, grab my Paycheck and head to the house.

It's all Business.
I play around when I get home.
grady
Regular

Postby bigdaddy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:51 pm

The show went on and we did a good show. Did the Shakenist Booty contest then by the second set everyone sat down and didn't get up so I passed on the Dirty Dancing. I talked with the owner and told him we obviouly didn't more your crowd and he said that we did, they just don't get up and shake it much. He hired us to do outdoor shows this summer when he gets the platform built outside. The patrons that I talked to liked what we did. I flirt alot, dance with my bass alot, even on the dance floor. Ladies will go butt to butt with me but always end up going home alone. We are the entertainment. As far as moral or not I am with the not. It's a bar, we're a blues band, yes we're gonna talk dirty. Jeez the songs I write are mostly about three things, the three stages of my life at any given time. Gettin' it, not gettin' it or might be gettin' it. That my life in a nutshell.
bigdaddy
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:27 pm

Glad it all went well BD! Hope everyone is still happily married etc!
WOW, an outdoor stage....... Wet T shirt and bikini contests! LMAO!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bigdaddy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:58 pm

Oh Mr. Painless there you go puttin' ideas in my head. I better start plannin' on how to present the wet T shirt thing to the other guys. The new drummer we're working in right now is single so it'll be two for and two against. Things are sure to get interesting.
bigdaddy
Regular

Postby lorilu » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:06 am

Carol,You go girl.

Funny, Dr. Phil had a show on this yesterday about ultimatums. There was this good looking guitar playing singer guy and his wife was very jealous and their marriage was maybe about to end. Dr.P told her no more snooping around and being jealous and he needed to start wearing his wedding ring. He would kinda shine her on in the bars and not acknowledge his marriage because he felt that being seen as available was part of the job. Anyway, they agreed to get counseling and make some compromises. His band also had a tshirt exchange program is what they called it.

Everybody likes attention and approval. But if a performer is really talented that's enough to get me going. I'm gonna be way more interested in the guy who is a good musician, quieter, not showing off. That's just me. I'd probably be good buddies with the entertainer guy.
lorilu
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:38 am

You watch Dr. Phil?
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lorilu » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:07 pm

Yes I do whenever I get a chance. Why? Are ya gonna give me a hard time now? And things were going so well.
lorilu
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:36 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-06 AT 10:38 AM (EST)]I watch Dr,Phil. I gotta get muh self straightened out some kinda way, cuz Ive been known ta diddle a fan or 4!! Gezz iam so bad!! Iam a true degenerate!!
601blues
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar