Their wives dictate my show

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

RE: Their wives dictate my show

Postby 601blues » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:20 pm

Dats how I met muh wife!! in one of dem shows!! 30yrs ago!!If she hadn't been dancin naked on da table we would have never met!!so you nebber Know!!
601blues
Regular

Postby lorilu » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:49 pm

Big Daddy,

You have the BEST posts EVER. And you are always having the same problems. So it's interesting. Keep the booty contest. They did not have a problem with it. Why get rid of both?

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy. The tables could be turned so easily on this one. Plus, I saw a great female guitar player on your site!! So, I'm a bit confused with your statements. I bet if you met an awesome musician that was level headed, responsible, and easy to get along with you would not really care as to the gender. Men musicians have never been known to be easy to get along with any more than females.

Mickey, you know you have a one of a kind woman. Mutual respect is the key. Don't do to someone else whether they are with you or not what you would not want done to yourself.

What's the key here. People are upset because people's families who they live with and sleep with and who have had their children and washed their dirty underwear, are uncomfortable with DRUNK, probably single, or divorced women in transition, flashing their ##### at their husbands. How rude of those wives! That's your family. That's your mate. That's something that if you need to make a small compromise for then think how many compromises she's made for you. If you do not think this way you won't get this. How unfair to judge these women in such a small minded way. Only from your side. Why would you insist on doing something that would make your love uncomfortable in order for something to happen that has nothing to do with the music anyway.

As far as public flashing, if no one cares and it's in a bar and the cops don't care - so what. Who gives a sh*t, but that's not what this is about. It always cracks me up how people get all up in arms about this kind of thing and not about the real injustice that goes on in the world. And the good order of the family and love and committment is where the world is placed in good order.
lorilu
Regular

Postby 1dustyeod » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:00 pm

"Tommy, Tommy, Tommy. The tables could be turned so easily on this one. Plus, I saw a great female guitar player on your site!! So, I'm a bit confused with your statements. I bet if you met an awesome musician that was level headed, responsible, and easy to get along with you would not really care as to the gender. Men musicians have never been known to be easy to get along with any more than females."

Nope..... Rule #1.... No females in the band. Causes way too much trouble. Sorry.

I don't have any links to any females on the site that I know of although there are a few that I really like. Susan Tedeschi, Bonnie Raitt..... but I still wouldn't hire 'em. Way too much trouble. Shoot.... Look at the trouble thats going on with this band over women that aren't even IN it.....!!!

Tommy

[www.tommystriplethreatbluesrevue.com/BandPage.html]

"A strat, a cord, and an amp set to 10 is all I really need. Nothing sounds better than a tortured stratocaster....."
1dustyeod
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:23 pm

"Nope..... Rule #1.... No females in the band. Causes way too much trouble. Sorry"

Hah - I have never had problems working with female muscians - but I swore years ago never to diddle'em.

Probably a different way of dealing with the same problem...
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lorilu » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:12 pm

Perfect example of "way too much trouble". I just got a call back for the band I'm auditioning for. First I asked what happened to your drummer? He said alchoholic with cocky attitude. I can understand how that might be more acceptable than a female in your band. Your choice if you want to base your judgements on gender but I wanted to try to convince you otherwise. Luckily, these guys are younger and more open minded and I expect them to base their judgement on me being in their band on my ability to play and get along with the other band members. Whether I will show up on time, sober and do my homework.
lorilu
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:19 pm

>>>an awesome musician that was level headed, responsible, and easy to get along with

Such a creature exsists? :o
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:29 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-06 AT 04:31 PM (EST)]I wouldn't take the chance of breaking the band up over wifely interference yet. That could be considered biting your nose off to save your face. I would consider voicing my displeasure with everyone over the issue,and deferring to them for the sake of saving the band. I would tell them that I would like to reinstate those elements of the show as soon as (or IF) everyone is more comfortable with the band,and a higher level of trust has been established. It could be that one or more of these wives has good reason to get nervous when their husbands are around these kinds of activities; they may have been screwin' around on their wives before. It's about pickin' which battles are worth fighting now,and which are better left for a time when your army is better prepared. It looks like I may be the only guy who feels that way, but I believe in patience,moderation (tee-hee),and bein' "big". You could forfeit this battle and gain the admiration and respect of everybody else involved,to the point that they will take directives from you better in the future.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby telemonkey » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:49 pm

Well said, Jeffl.
I think this is pretty good advice.
telemonkey
Regular

Postby bigdaddy » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:19 pm

I may go ahead with both contests. I will take both trophys tomorrow night just in case. My women leave me because I won't let them rule over my life. I really think that's a big problem. I won't change for them. I may have to tell the crowd that the Dirty Dancing contest is to find the sexist dancer in the crowd, not the nudist. The idea came from the movie Dirty Dancing. The dudes told me they oppose it but for me to do what I want to do. I wonder if that was to cover their behinds to their wives. You know, "well Honey you know Big Daddy will do what he wants to do. I can't tell him no but I didn't like it." They both say they like the ladies dancing and being all sexy. I think I'm gonna do them anyway. I will announce them and judge the contestants. I may have to tone it down it bit. I'll see how the crowd is feeling. I understand I can't encourage the exposing but if they do it themselves then we're clear of any crime. Remember #6 was about wives, 1 thru 5 were all the legal crap that might happen if the place gets raided. It's just a dance contest for crying out loud. Not a strip tease. I can tone it down and keep clothed. I agree, if the wives don't like it then don't come.
bigdaddy
Regular

Postby ricochet » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:27 pm

>"well Honey you know Big Daddy will do what he wants to do. I can't tell him no but I didn't like it."

Well, there you go. Do what you want, and everybody wins.

> I think I'm gonna do them anyway.

The dancing ladies, the dudes in the band, the wives, or the contests?

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby 1dustyeod » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:49 pm

"Hah - I have never had problems working with female muscians - but I swore years ago never to diddle'em."

There 'lays' the problem (no pun intended).

Tommy

[www.tommystriplethreatbluesrevue.com/BandPage.html]

"A strat, a cord, and an amp set to 10 is all I really need. Nothing sounds better than a tortured stratocaster....."
1dustyeod
Regular

Postby fat paul » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:14 pm

LoriLu, You always bring a fresh and honest perspective to this forum. Thanks with all sincerity
fat paul.
fat paul
Regular

Postby lorilu » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:30 am

Paul, I really appreciate you saying so. I was hoping I had some brothers in music and life here. And I do.

I believe in keeping your family first and then your interests and work. I don't like to control anyone, not even my child, and I do not believe that is what these wives are saying. It's mutual respect and caring and consideration. Not control. I would never want a man that I control and I don't think most women do either. That is not what this is about. To me, a really strong man can be gentle and be in control of himself. The strong man is he who overcomes himself. I always look for a man I can really respect. A strong man, with good values who I could trust my life with who would really care about what I feel and think. And that will be a very happy and lucky man.

Bubba, I don't always see guys here going against what all the other guys might say or think so more power to you. You are gaining in music because of your humility and honesty with yourself and others. And receiving grace because of it.
lorilu
Regular

Postby jaybee » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:56 am

way to go, man, good luck and have fun, whether it be sexy, naked, toned down or not ;)
jaybee
Regular

Postby grady » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:48 pm

>I believe in keeping your family first and then your
>interests and work. I don't like to control anyone, not even
>my child,

Family first for me also.
But, I do believe in keeping Kids under Control.

Young Children need to be "Taught" not necessarily "Controlled"
but, they need to know who the Boss is and they absolutely must do as they're told.

I played two gigs yesterday,
I couldn't wait to get home and see my Son.

I like playing Music but,my Son will always come first in my Life.
grady
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar