Valve Junior Head

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

RE: Valve Junior Head

Postby trguitar » Sat May 13, 2006 10:03 pm

9:00 is a nice place. I liked that on my Junior before I sold it to my buddy. Been thinking about getting the head. Keep thinking I don't need it though as my Special is hooked up to my 4 x 12 cab and it sounds just fine. I did lean a little more towards 10:00 though as I like a little more grit. I got the gain pegged on my Special with a Tube Screamer in line. Thats for my classic rock tone though.
trguitar
Regular

RE: Valve Junior Head

Postby ricochet » Sat May 13, 2006 10:25 pm

I have to keep it down a bit to avoid the ire of Mrs. Ric.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

VJH

Postby sweetness » Mon May 15, 2006 11:34 am

>I have to keep it down a bit to avoid the ire of Mrs. Ric.
>

Same here with Mrs. Sweetness. However, I was able to crank it a bit over the weekend, and man! This sucker really sings. I can't tell you how much I love this sound. Very sweet breakup at 3:00 with nice sustain. This is just with one 10" Peavey speaker.

I haven't tried playing out yet. I suspect that I will need to use my Blues Driver pedal as a boost, but it will depend on the size of the room and the volume of the drummer...

Anyway, this is just great. Never knew my guitar could sound so good! And perfect for the blues.

Sweetness
sweetness
Regular

Previous

Return to Guitar