Gold Tone Dojo

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Great stuff !

Postby slickcat » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:16 am

I aint in no nursing home yet....but if I ever am I hope some people like you would stop by and play...man it would just make my day!
slickcat
Contributor
Contributor

RE: Gold Tone Dojo

Postby mdbanjoharp » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:15 am

Dean,

Do you use a slide with the Dojo? and are you still happy with it?

MikeT
mdbanjoharp
Regular

Postby 1four5 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:47 am

Yes, quite often I can be found sliding on the Dojo. I'm certianly not ready for prime time as a slider...but really enjoy it. My favorite slide for it is a section of thin brass tube I cut from a discarded wind chime. As for still liking the Dojo...oh yes!!! My favorite instrument by a long shot. It's not worth as much, or nearly as good quality as my National, but I have far more fun with the Dojo...in fact I'll go one step further...if I was forced to keep only one instrument, it would be the Dojo over all my banjos and guitars.
1four5
Regular

Postby mdbanjoharp » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:48 pm

Wow!! That says a lot for the Dojo! Cool..

MikeT
mdbanjoharp
Regular

Postby 1four5 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:36 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-06 AT 09:37 PM (EST)]I hope it even gets better, I just ordered one of them round Schatten pick-ups that attaches under the cone. (thanks for the reviews at HC Grady!) Got me a new 30 watt Crate last weekend...holy cow, I'm finally going lectric :D
1four5
Regular

Postby 1four5 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:06 pm

Just got the pick-up installed yesterday! Found out the hard way that them wires sure can't be loose and flopping around inside, man that thing is sensitive. What a thrill plugging in my favorite instrument. Pretty good simi reso sound. My gosh the highs scream and pick noise comes through a lot. Got the lows cranked, the mids about 3/4 and the highs at zero on my amp, and it really sounds good there. Volume wise, what I got now will work in a small situation, but the passive pick-up is sure going to need to be boosted for anything big or outside. I ran it through my Digitech...man, what a trip :D ...
1four5
Regular

Postby jeffl » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:19 pm

There goes the neighborhood,onefer! I've always thought your band looked so wholesome,and family oriented. Now,yer prob'ly gonna be learnin' bluegrass versions of "Politician" and "Monster",lol! Have fun with yer new axe,Bro'.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 1four5 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:39 pm

Thanks man! I do agree, we are going downhill fast....but I guarentee we can clean up when we want to :D ...and I aint even said nothing about the electric banjo I got a few weeks ago...and our lead guitarist has been pluggin in a Tele lately...our jams are getting better all the time.
Check out the electric banjo in this picture
http://www.ukeblue.com/guitarwall.jpg
1four5
Regular

Previous

Return to Guitar