johnson 000 guitars

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

johnson 000 guitars

Postby skyking71 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:38 am

Hi, i need some advice. Has anyone played the johnson jg 420 000 guitar? I see them on e-bay for 80.00 and wonder if they'd be worth trying for that price? I kinda want to try a smaller bodied guitar for some finger work, any ideas? thanks for the help.
skyking71
Regular

RE: johnson 000 guitars

Postby ricochet » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:22 pm

If you don't like it, how badly would you miss the $80 plus shipping? That's the most you can be out. You might get a bit back if you sold it, but the market for used cheap guitars isn't very strong.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

RE: johnson 000 guitars

Postby crowduck » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:18 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-06 AT 06:29 PM (EST)]I got one of the Johnson L-00 style guitars about a year ago for $149 including shipping & gig bag. For the price, I've been very happy with it. Those 000's on eBay spec a "spruce top" which means 'laminated'. I'd look around for that model with a solid top, usually about $25 more, and is worth it. If you can't find the 000 with solid, consider the L-00 which sould be a bit smaller body profile, but maybe a bit deeper at the lower bout than the 000. Look for Johnson L-Style, or Johnson 535-S(solid top). In fact, now that I think of it, check with this forum's sponser Coast to Coast Music, I've read/heard that Pappy there will make you a deal as a forum member, he's a Johnson dealer, MickeyPainless just bought a Johnson Swamp Stomper through CTC. Follow the link at the top of this page.

Oh yeah, BTW, I checked the Johnson site, and don't see the 00 model listed anymore, probably discontinued, but they now have 'a bunch' of 000 models, both lam & solid top.

CrowDuck
crowduck
Regular

Return to Guitar