I need info on a Silvertone acoustic

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

I need info on a Silvertone acoustic

Postby leftyguitarman » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:53 am

Does anyone know anything about Silvertone acoustic guitars? I am helping my friend get information on them. His is a classical from 1963 I believe. Anyone know what they sell for? Thanks for any help.
leftyguitarman
Regular

RE: I need info on a Silvertone acoustic

Postby 1four5 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:55 am

I sure hope this doesn't dissapoint you, but that was the Sears & Robuck catalogue store brand. They come across the online goodwill store every now and then and fetch around $20-$70 depending on style and condition. I got one for around $20, and it really wasn't too bad. It was an interesting guitar, with a western style bridge and fret markers, but a slotted head stock and classical style tuners. It was a 12 fret to body neck which I didn't like, and I ended up getting rid of it.
1four5
Regular

RE: I need info on a Silvertone acoustic

Postby savage » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:06 pm

as far as their acoustics go, i can say that theyre usually pretty affordable. As mentioned, you can usually find one on ebay or goodwill for practically nothin. The brand name was better known for their funky electric models that came with an amp built into the case. I bought an old silvertone 12-string a couple months ago and I like it. Thats the only real hands-on experience I've ever had with their acoustic models.
savage
Regular

Return to Guitar