Larrivee L-03-12E

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

RE: Larrivee L-03-12E

Postby marlboroman » Fri May 12, 2006 11:37 am

Hey BluesMcGoo: Did you make your stomp box yourself???? If so CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW YOU DID IT????? I'm tryin to make a stomper for busking so I need something SEMI/ portable LIKE YOURS!!!!

Boz, You'd be suprised what you can get outta a 12er, but LEABELLY is where alot of my blues listening started. I haven't played any coffee houses in a while my old band used to play acoustic shows out in Fenton at a coffee HAUS, but I haven't played a HAUS since I've been solo. I play the Flint Farmers market ALL THE TIME lately... Well have to get together sometime and play a little ditty on gitFITTY...lol

I've always wonder'd what does GAS mean???

I mean I know what gas is I love mexican food and I have to pay 3 bucks everyday for the other kinda gas (george w. bush and halliburton can kiss my FULL OF GAS ASS)

Sorry bout the rant, gas is a touchy subject for us Po'Folk
marlboroman
Regular

Postby boz » Fri May 12, 2006 3:33 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-12-06 AT 11:50 AM (EST)]Hey M/2,
I'll check you out when I get back from Alabama.
Your talk'n about the Farmers Market near the main Post Office I assume.
BTW / GAS = Gear Acquistion Syndrome

A DANGEROUS condition that CAN be contagious
boz
Contributor
Contributor

Postby marlboroman » Fri May 12, 2006 7:15 pm

That's the one...

Have you been there since the fixed it up??? There tryin to make downtown Flint like it was in the 50's.... ALIVE
marlboroman
Regular

Postby marlboroman » Sat May 13, 2006 12:40 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-12-06 AT 10:11 PM (EST)]......
marlboroman
Regular

Postby boz » Sat May 13, 2006 1:19 am

Hey M/2 !
When I get some time I'm gonna come over to the Market and check the place out. We'll have to coordinate a time thing.
I made a stomp board (of sorts). I used a 12' x 12' piece of composition board and the same size 1/2 " plywood, separated on 2 sides with firring strip board. I aquired a Radio Shack (cheap) electret condenser / clip-on mic ($25) and after horseing around with different locations and nearing total nervous breakdown, finally lost interest. So, I guess I still have THAT project on the back burner.
boz
Contributor
Contributor

Postby marlboroman » Sat May 13, 2006 2:09 am

Boz:Yeah I address'd the thing about the stomp box to you BUT I meant to address it to BluesMcGoo... In the picture he put up of him and his Larrivee his foot is on a stomp box and I was tryin to find out about it...
marlboroman
Regular

Postby marlboroman » Sat May 13, 2006 2:13 am

HEY BLUESMCGOO: I saw you have a stomp-box, did you make it yourself??? If so can you give me instructions on how you made it??? (EXACT INSTRUCTION)

I've been trying to make a portable stomp-box to take with me when i go buskin and yours looked like the perfect size....

Cheers,
Jay
marlboroman
Regular

Postby bluesmcgoo » Sat May 13, 2006 3:42 pm

Hey sorry MarlboroMan....

I meant to answer your question, and got sidetracked when I was posting.

I really haven't used that as a stomp box, though I bet it would be a pretty good one. I used to use that to prop my foot on because I was too lazy and cheap to get a good footrest - which I have now.

All that is, is an unfinished, hinged, wooden box I got from a local craft store. I've used them many times to woodburn pictures and designs on for gifts. It's made out a Basswood, which is the best stuff for woodburning.

THey come in different sizes, and I'm sure with a little tinkering, you could make a first rate stompbox out of one.
bluesmcgoo
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to Guitar